About the role
3 x Part time, ongoing positions available
- A rare opportunity exists for an Early Childhood Educator to play a vital role in a vibrant, agile agency
- Share your expertise in integrated service practice and bring your passion for early childhood education
- 3 x Part time ongoing positions available
- Located at McLeans Road (Wurundjeri Country)
The primary purpose of the Early Years Educator position is to support the Early Childhood Teacher to provide an innovative, high quality early education and care program that supports children’s learning and is developmentally appropriate for each individual child.
All roles will be actively engaged with the local community and will support families to become involved with the services programs.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Diploma of Children’s Services
- Current Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma training Proven ability to work in a cohesive team environment
- Comprehensive understanding of child development (3-6 years old)
- Experience in working in partnership with other services and agencies
- Demonstrate a personal value set that is aligned with Kids First organisational values
- Proven skill and experience in working in an early education and care setting
- Sound knowledge of legislation, policy and frameworks relation to early education and care services
- Demonstrated understanding and capability for working with diversity
- Demonstrated level of self-awareness and resilience relating to their own practice and relationships with others
- Demonstrated capability to network with others both inside and outside organisational boundaries
- Highly developed written, verbal, interpersonal and relationship
As a member of the Kids First team, you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes-focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package, increasing take-home pay
- Be nurtured in your career, including professional development in specialist evidence-based models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR)
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to
community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Early Childhood Educators via Pro Bono Australia.