About the role
Full Time, Fixed Term Role
- Be part of our innovative and game changing early years services
- Full time, fixed term role in a dynamic and purposeful organisation
- Brand new double unit kindergarten in Bundoora
Kids First is a leading provider of family and support services for children and families and an early education specialist. We believe in setting children up for the best start in life and the unique education and care delivered at our kindergartens is designed to do just that.
We are looking for exceptional Early Childhood Teachers to bring our education and care model to life.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Implementing a program of education and care based on strengths, dispositions, skills and interests of the children which will evolve from observations, feedback from parents, the inclusion of the broader community and other written records
- Ensuring the program adheres to the agreed centre philosophy
as well as the Code of Conduct
- Organising the indoor and outdoor environment, including the safety and rotation of equipment
- Ensuring that transition times are smooth, calm and purposeful
- Support the implementation of the Kids First early years model – full training provided
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Early Childhood Degree qualification as recognised by ACECQA
- Proven ability to work in a cohesive team environment
- Comprehensive understanding of child development (3-6 years old)
- Experience in working in partnership with other services and agencies
- Demonstrate personal values aligned with Kids First organisational values
- Proven skill and experience in working in an early education and care setting
- Sound knowledge of legislation, policy and frameworks relation to early education and care services.
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes-focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organization that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Receive an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take-home pay
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
How to apply
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.
Please include a Cover Letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria and a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees.
For a full position description and to apply for this job, please visit us at:
https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 5644250.
For enquiries about the position, please contact Leanne Rodriguez,
Early Years Team Leader on 0400 499 947
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity Employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion.
Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background,
gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability. Kids First is a Child Safe
Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working With
Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a
pre-employment medical (if applicable)
Please quote in application: Early Childhood Teacher – Bundoora via Pro Bono Australia.