About the role
- Ongoing, full time position (38 hours per week)
- Access to generous salary packaging benefits and professional development opportunities
The Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the General Manager Services and Impact (GMSI) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and will assist in ensuring both areas run smoothly and efficiently.
This is a role that requires a detail oriented and organised person who can be proactive in taking the lead to support the Executive team. The role requires the ability to deal appropriately with confidential information and to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
ESSENTIAL TO YOUR SUCCESS:
- Demonstrated experience in an Executive Assistant role, providing support to Executives and/or Senior Managers
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks, coordinate and oversee multiple tasks and priorities whilst working to strict deadlines
- Significant experience in administration and knowledge of administration practices
- High level of proficiency with technology platforms including superior working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite
- Strong client/stakeholder management skills
- Ability to take initiative in applying work practices and procedures
- Sound analytical skills and problem solving ability
A copy of the position accountabilities and key selection criteria can be accessed by downloading the full Position Description available below or at our website at www.edvos.org.au/get-involved
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5 + legislated super.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the position description for this position down below or available on our website at https://www.edvos.org.au/get-involved/
For further information regarding the Executive Assistant to General Manager Services and Impact and Chief Financial Officer position please contact Janene, General Manager of Services and Impact or Fiona Kelly, Chief Financial Officer on (03) 9259 4200.
Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria (as outlined in the PD), should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: ADS 1022 EA GMSCFO by 9am 27th September 2021.
EDVOS actively promotes a safe and inclusive workplace where workers are free from discrimination and are afforded dignity and respect. We encourage applications from women of all abilities, as well as from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people ,women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTI.
EDVOS is a child-focused and child safe organisation and is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and interests of children.All appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant to General Manager Services & CFO via Pro Bono Australia.