About the role
About the role
The Executive Officer is a newly created, critical position that will lead our organisation and the team into the future. Supported by a Fundraising Manager, this hands on role will manage and develop all aspects of our organisation and programs as we transition from a volunteer based organisation to a small professional workforce.
To be successful in this role, you will have professional and personal qualities to lead a dynamic, innovative and creative organisation including
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Degree in social work, psychology, business, or other relevant fields.
- Professional leadership experience in a community service organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively administer and manage a successful organisation that meets strategic, operational and financial targets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills at all levels including influencing, networking and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully encourage a collaborative, inclusive team, a focussed and accountable workplace.
- The ability to work safely and effectively from your home office.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Lived or carer experience with BPD or mental health.
- Experience in working with and developing strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including all levels of govt, community based mental health and Wellbeing organisations, clinical services, other NGO’s and research institutions.
- Sound IT skills including familiarity with Office 365.
- Social media and website administration skills.
The salary for this position will be $1,560 gross per fortnight plus statutory superannuation. Salary packing is available. A satisfactory police check and current drivers license is required.
A position description can be found on our website. Click on www.bpdcommunity.com.au
For further information about this role, please contact Linda Norman, HRplus on 0412 602 713 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the organisation
BPD Community is a grassroots, peer-led, independent not for profit: we are an established support and advocacy organisation supporting and advocating for people with Borderline Personality Disorder. Currently run by a passionate team of volunteers, we have recently received funding to hire two staff members to move our organisation into an exciting new phase in our development.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and an Expression of Interest to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.