About the role
- Full-Time permanent role, working 35hrs per week
- Dynamic team and supportive management
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
The Family Preservation & Restoration Caseworker is responsible for supporting the program in providing effective and professional case support to CALD families to meet their needs and strengthen their ability to care for their children. The Family Preservation Case Worker provides intensive, in-home visits to families, providing educational, practical, social and emotional support and will work in partnership with Child Protection (and other services where required), working with families to achieve case plan goals by promoting child safety, child development, increasing parenting capacity and family functioning.
- Complete holistic and comprehensive assessments of family functioning, parenting capacity and safety, stability and developmental needs of children aged 0 – 18 years of age
- Provide intensive short term interventions to families to improve parenting capacity, family functioning and the safety, stability and development of their children
- Write comprehensive assessment reports and maintain records including case notes, plans and statistics within required timelines.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Child Protection, other government and community organisations
- Comply with relevant legislation and SSI MFCP policies and procedures.
- Participate in and contribute to program development and innovation program or din.
We are seeking dedicated and highly motivated individual who has excellent family assessment skills, demonstrated experience in working with high-risk infants, children, adolescents and complex families. You will have well-developed understanding of child development and trauma and therapeutic models and theories that enable positive change and demonstrated ability to apply these in engaging families to make change. Experience in developing skill-based interventions for children, adolescents and their families is a must. You will have Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or equivalent, knowledge and experience with Child Protection Services and risk assessments. Qualifications in Family Therapy, Child Development and Trauma would be highly regarded.
About our Benefits:
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disabilities; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
ABOUT MULTICULTURAL CHILD AND FAMILY SUPPORT PROGRAM
The Multicultural Child and Family Support Program provides a range of services to assist children and young people who have been found to be in need of care and protection to meet their permanent care plan needs – safety, stability and wellbeing through a culturally aware and responsive lens.
The MCFS Program uses a client-centred, strengths-based, trauma-informed framework to guide its service delivery and facilitate sustainable and practical outcomes for children, young people, families and carers; working in partnership with member agencies and local ethnic and sector partners. Its cultural lens aims to link children and young people with a bilingual worker and/or carer and/or community-based matched bilingual support worker.
The MCFS Program has contractual responsibilities with the Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG).
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Preservation & Restoration Caseworker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Families, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development