About the role
About the role
Motivation Australia seeks a motivated, dynamic individual with good communication and interpersonal skills to expand our fundraising capacity. This role makes a big difference to the lives of people with disabilities in the Pacific by growing public revenue and attracting community support for Motivation Australia.
You have experience in fundraising, social media and/or marketing in the not-for-profit sector. You have a solid understanding of individual giving, philanthropic giving and community fundraising. As a well-rounded fundraising professional, you have strong strategic skills and great customer service. You are comfortable in a small team and you know how to get stuff done without fuss.
In this role, you will focus on
- strengthening our membership and supporter base;
- developing relationships with philanthropic and corporate donors;
- planning and implementing fundraising events;
- resourcing third-party fundraising events and
- selling entry-level sports wheelchairs.
For more information, and to view the full position description, please visit www.motivation.org.au
What we offer:
- A competitive salary, plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,400 of your salary tax- free) depending on your personal circumstances
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of people living with a disability or disabling health condition in places with fewer resources
- A flexible and supportive workplace
- A comprehensive induction will be provided, including an introduction to the organisation, organisational tools and systems, guiding principles and our approach to ethical fundraising.
About the organisation
Motivation Australia is an Australian not-for-profit disability, health and development organisation. Our vision is that all people can fully participate in family and community life. Our work creates positive and sustainable change for all people who require rehabilitation and assistive technology, recognising that this affects most people at some point in their lives. We recognise that rehabilitation and access to assistive technology are essential for:
- Realising rights under the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Securing Universal Health Coverage
- Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Motivation Australia has a proven track record in Asia and the Pacific of enabling people to stay healthy and access rehabilitation and assistive technology from local services through trained personnel.
How to apply
How to apply:
To apply, please send the following documents to Motivation Australia’s HR and Office Manager, Kate Shortt, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter, not exceeding three pages, which must provide evidence of how your knowledge, skills and experience are suitable for this position
- CV, including contact details of two recent professional referees
Closing date for applications: 26th September 2021. If you have questions, please call 0466 833 708.
Motivation Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We recognise that equal employment opportunity is a matter of employment obligation, social justice and legal responsibility. We also recognise that prohibiting discriminatory policies and procedures is sound management practice.
Women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people who identify as a member of a minority group are warmly encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Fundraiser via Pro Bono Australia.