About the role
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential. Education, lifelong learning and capacity building are fundamental to everything Jesuit Social Services does. Its service delivery and advocacy focuses on a range of social justice issues including justice and crime prevention, employment, mental health, gender justice, settlement services and community building.
Jesuit Social Services accompanies people and communities to foster and regenerate the web of relationships that sustain us all – across people, place and planet; and work to change policies, practices, ideas and values that perpetuate inequality, prejudice and exclusion.
Working closely with highly respected CEO, Julie Edwards, you will manage existing major donor relationships whilst identifying new significant support from existing and new advocates, philanthropists, trusts, foundations and bequestors.
Building your own small team you will also oversee and grow four annual direct mail campaigns, supported by a highly valued group of loyal donors and, once it’s safe, conduct fundraising events. You will oversee continual process improvement with the CRM e-tapestry, analysing giving to identify new opportunities. Other responsibilities include;
- Support a school plan strengthening connection to students, teachers and institutions
- Keep abreast of fundraising trends and best practice to grow donor base and giving levels
- Implement the bequest plan, increasing confirmed bequests to secure planned giving
- Write and produce fundraising appeals, quarterly newsletter and donor correspondence.
You will have a proven track record in growing income through stewarding key relationships combined with demonstrated leadership skills. You’re maybe looking for your first leadership role and if you don’t come from the charity fundraising sector, you have transitional skills from education, the arts or a like-minded role in the corporate sector. Additionally you will have;
- An understanding of relationship selling, corporate sponsorship and data-driven marketing
- The ability to create compelling proposals and a persuasive case for support
- Success in supporting a small team to achieve goals and increase revenue
- Exceptional interpersonal, team building, stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Proficiency in budget forecasting and monitoring.
If raising funds to change policies, practices, ideas and values that perpetuate inequality, prejudice and exclusion appeals to you then please submit your cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume quoting reference # 792244 or contact Anna Skeels on 03 8080 8976 for further information.
Jesuit Social Services is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a LGBTIQA+ inclusive organisation.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Education_and_Training