About the role
Drawing on Big Fat Smile’s values, the primary responsibility of the Grants and Business Development Manager is to research and identify business growth, business retention and diversification opportunities through securing grants and further funding.
You will be responsible for all facets of business development including reviewing current operations, identifying innovative approaches to service delivery, exploring emerging opportunities, developing key partnerships with internal and external stakeholders as well as formulating and submitting grant and tender applications.
Critical to your success in this role will be your ability to develop partnership relationships in a competitive market, comprehensive tender and grant writing skills and ability to develop, communicate and implement solutions focused strategic thinking.
- Provide expert advice and lead business development and grant management processes to optimise opportunities for Big Fat Smile.
- Lead end to end preparation of grant and tender submissions including co-ordination, project management, quality assurance and writing.
- Ensure project reporting is consistent and includes risk management, budget allocation, resourcing, and delivery methods.
- Ensure rapid response to planned and opportunistic business development activities.
- Undertake detailed analysis, identifying service gaps and development of new programs and opportunities for growth
What You’ll Bring (Selection Criteria)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with at least 5 years’ experience, preferably within the Child, Family and/or Community Services sectors.
- A proven track record of delivering successful business development initiatives
- Demonstrated successful experience in grant and tender writing
- Excellent research capabilities and skills
- Demonstrated experience managing competing demands and meeting deadlines.
- Strong strategic thinking skills with the ability to identify and act on opportunities ahead of the curve
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing strong external partnerships.
- Excellent negotiation, influence and conflict resolution skills.
- A cleared Valid for paid work, Working With Children’s Check (WWCC).
About the organisation
Big Fat Smile (https://bigfatsmile.com.au/about-us/) is a Wollongong based values-led organisation. Its vision is that it enriches the lives and minds of children and families in their community. Their values are Inclusion, Integrity, Safety, Child-centric, Collaboration and Leadership.
As a not for profit, community owned, non-government organisation it provides high quality care and education for children, national and state wide inclusion services as part of a National Consortia and operates many community based services to children and families. These include transition to school and supported playgroups.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Grants & Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Education_and_Training