About the role
We’re looking for a professional Administration Coordinator with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a Permanent Full-time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Administration Coordinator position provides high level administrative and coordination support to the Head of WESSI & direct reports in the WESSI senior management team. This position will proactively manage the business operations and processes of a complex and diverse department thorough a good understanding of the department’s operations.
The incumbent will design and implement consistent and effective administration systems and work practices across WESSI areas. Additionally, this position supports the Head’s external role in representing the Brotherhood at very senior levels in Government, community and business while internally maintaining and creating positive relationships with the broader senior leadership team and staff across the organisation.
- Manage the Head’s correspondence including drafting correspondence as required in an appropriate and timely manner
- Prepare and distribute documents, reports, agendas, minutes, presentations both of a general and confidential nature on behalf of the Head
- Working with WESSI Leadership team, internal and external stakeholders to support WESSI’s risk management, quality management and OHS needs, including but not limited to coordinating activities and training related to Emergency Evacuation, First Aid, COVID Safety etc.
Salary will be in the range of $69,000 to $74,000 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Significant experience in providing secretarial and administrative support to Senior Management whilst maintaining a high level of discretion
- Proven experience in day-to-day office management including electronic and hard copy filing systems, diary and calendar management systems, email and correspondence management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to plan workload, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience in showing initiative in an office environment leading to operational efficiencies including an ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendation
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Proven ability to work autonomously and with confidential information
- Advanced skills in administration and computer literacy Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
MANDATORY EMPLOYMENT CRITERIA
- Proof of eligibility to work in Australia is required
- A satisfactory Police Check is required. The BSL will facilitate this process
- A Working with Children Check is required for this position. The BSL will facilitate this process.
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Peter Baynard-Smith on 0413 538 856 for a confidential discussion.
To view the position description, please click here.
Applications close: Thursday 16th September 2021 at 11:55 PM
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Administration Coordinator - WESSI via Pro Bono Australia.