About the role
This is an opportunity to join a vibrant, high-performing team that will work with others to address the systemic causes of long-term cycles of disadvantage and enable people to realise their potential. The Alliances team will achieve impact through effective advocacy and strong alliances with purpose-aligned organisations including government, peer philanthropy foundations, not-for-profits and businesses. The Head of Communications is key to driving timely and impactful influence and impact.
- Work closely with the CAO and Alliances Team, to develop and execute a communications strategy with a focus on influencing across sectors, translating knowledge, and engaging key policy and funding actors in relation to the Foundation’s purpose and critical program areas.
- Foster relationships and leverage partnerships across sectors to maximise the impact of communications to contribute to ending cycles of entrenched disadvantage and enabling people to reach their potential.
- Oversee and improve internal and external communication, including (but not limited to) brand positioning, event and campaign development.
- Oversee and report communication impact across key focus areas as determined and set out by the Foundation’s CAO, CEO and Board.
- Demonstrate significant improvement in reach and engagement across all Foundation communication channels, as aligned to the Foundation’s strategic goals.
- Own all Foundation communication channels including partnership communications and updates, media relations, and online and social media channels.
- Drive transformational improvement in the Foundation’s communications, reputation and profile.
- Provide excellent leadership, management and coaching within the Alliances Team and across the Foundation.
Other duties, as required.
Personal Characteristics & Capabilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with diverse key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Purpose driven, transformational mindset
- Trust builder, collaborator and team player
- Demonstrable integrity and reflective learner
- Agile and able work with complexity and manage complex projects within tight timeframes and with attention to accuracy and detail
- A strong connection with the values of the Foundation: respect for people; curiosity and a willingness to learn; humility and integrity; courage and innovation\
Key Selection Criteria
- A tertiary degree and substantial experience in social impact leadership and communications.
- Extensive (10+ years) marketing and communications experience including solid media and government and stakeholder management, digital marketing, content strategy and production, and events and campaign planning and execution.
- Demonstrated expertise in social impact communications, with a deep understanding of the socio-political landscape, cross sectoral experience (experience in academia and the not-for-profit sector very highly regarded) and ability to translate academic or technical information into accessible content.
- Exceptional leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead change and build trusting and effective teams, and a willingness for ongoing learning, development and adaption
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multiple teams and stakeholders to manage complex projects within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated experience in brand management, digital strategy and the curation of digital content plans/strategy and effective delivery of output including web, social media, CRM, intranet and other channels. Knowledge of current digital community developments and trends in online technologies and marketing platforms.
- Demonstrated experience developing, planning and successfully executing strategy, high quality board reporting, and developing and managing budgets and managing staff.
- Purpose driven, transformative, reflective and collaborative mindset and values aligned with the Foundation.
About the organisation
Paul Ramsay was a visionary business leader who left a remarkable legacy to Australia. The Foundation, made possible by his generosity, addresses social disadvantage, and a commitment to deepening philanthropy and civil society. The aim is to support change that lasts.
The Foundation partners with dedicated organizations in key program areas. The Foundation has a bias toward system-level collaboration, informed by research, evaluation and shared learning.
Our talented team bring to this challenge their diverse perspectives and experience. We are anthropologists and educators, lawyers and economists, epidemiologists and entrepreneurs, political scientists and historians, psychologists and business analysts, journalists and administrators, philosophers and artists – all guided by our values of respect for people, curiosity, loyalty, courage and innovation.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Communication via Pro Bono Australia.