About the role
- Permanent position, working full-time hours, 35 hours per week
- Flexible working arrangements to support real-life balance
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
Leads the corporate affairs and internal communications function to maintain and build SSI’s reputation and position the organisation as a leading contributor to our sector and society.
- Corporate affairs strategy including leading the crisis and issues communication plan, reputation management, PR, and media strategies as aligned to organisational vision and brand evolution
- Strategic leadership in developing and refining communications and advocacy strategies to ensure they contribute to the growth and positive image of the organisation
- Overseeing the CE O strategy to continue to elevate the CEO’s profile including the thought leadership strategies, identification of appropriate speaking opportunities plus speech writing and briefings, oversight of social media channels and messaging, and proactive management of issues and opportunities
- Leading and managing multiple external and internal communications channels, processes, and strategies including SSI’s suite of staff and program newsletters and eDMs, media portal, intranet, and website content, this includes agency management
- Planning and delivery of key initiatives such as the AGM, annual report, CEO and Executive branding/positioning strategy
- Working in close partnership with the Group Head of Advocacy, Research & Communications, Head of Brand & Marketing Communication and Head of Stakeholder Relations and Advocacy (and other key stakeholders) to ensure strategic alignment of integrated campaigns in support of SSI’s brand-building, advocacy, government relations, research and program activity
- Management of the internal communications team, media team and corporate events specialist
- Relevant degree in communications, journalism, advocacy, or equivalent field
- 10 years experience in a communication or corporate affairs function and proven management experience
- Experienced speechwriter and advocacy campaigner
- Knowledge of the Australian media and political environments
- Sound understanding of traditional and emerging communications methods and channels
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth; Access to our in-house wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Corporate Affairs & Internal Communications via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Disabilities, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development