About the role
The Head of Youth Employment Services will provide support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in managing CVGT’s diverse and growing range of employment programs including YConnect, Second Chance, Transition to Work, Group Training (Apprentices & Trainees), and the youth elements of the jobactive and Disability Employment Services (DES) contracts.
What we’ll want you to do
- Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the Youth Employment programs, and ensure that training and employment targets are met
- Research industry trends and support services that provide innovative solutions to improving Youth Employment outcomes
- Oversee administration, implementation, fiscal management and performance analytics for all Youth Employment programs
- Contribute to program Service Delivery design and review
- Collaborate in the development of mutually beneficial partnerships and relationships, whilst nurture existing ones
- Work closely with the Operations Managers and corporate support teams to ensure all Youth Employment programs are operating efficiently and effectively
What we are looking for
- A degree in a relevant field and minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing youth employment or workforce development programs required
- Knowledge of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) and trauma-informed service design will be advantageous
- Experience with training or mentorship approaches is preferred
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with a track record of collaborative and responsive management
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Motivated, results-driven with a passion for the employment sector, social justice, and bonus points if you’ve had experience in helping Young People achieve their full potential
In return, CVGT offers you
- Up to $15,900 of your salary TAX FREE!
- Another $2,650 TAX FREE for meals and entertainment.
- Access to ongoing training and professional development.
- Career opportunities with CVGT Australia sites across three states.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
The successful candidate will be employed on a full-time, 5 year fixed term contract and work from our Long Gully site.
About the organisation
We at CVGT Australia are proud to be part of a For-Purpose charitable organisation. Our purpose is clear; to 'connect more people to meaningful work'.
Plus, we've been around for ages! Almost 40 years in fact. From humble beginnings in Country Victoria, we now have coverage across 3 states Tas, Vic and NSW where we offer services under a range of programs such as jobactive, Disability Employment Services, Group Training, ParentsNext and Career Transition Advice.
Last year, we helped 6,446 people get a job! If that's not something to be proud of, we don't know what is.
How to apply
Hit 'Apply Now' of course!
To throw your hat in the ring, please apply via Probono with your resume and cover letter, quoting job number 1690.
For a comprehensive position description please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
CVGT Australia is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians and people with disabilities.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this position. The successful applicant will need to undergo a National Police Check and have a current Working with Children Check (VIC) or willing to obtain before commencement.
Please quote in application: Head of Youth Employment Services – Bendigo via Pro Bono Australia.