About the role
- Integral leadership role, permanent full time, immediate start
- From $93,622 per annum + super + salary packaging + 5 weeks leave
- Enjoy monthly ADO, ongoing training and development, supportive and friendly team
Reporting to the Program Manager – Initial Assessment & Planning, you will:
- Provide effective leadership and direction to a team to ensure high-quality outcomes and services
- Ensure a consistent and best-practice approach to initial assessment, planning, prioritization & referral, both at the Entry Point and across IAP outposts
- Support, respond and follow up critical incidents
- Advocate on behalf of clients with other agencies to ensure access and delivery of effective services
- Contribute to the delivery of innovative solutions to improve accommodation and housing outcomes for clients
To be successful in this role, you are:
- Empathetic and able to relate effectively and sensitively to people from diverse backgrounds
- Committed to ensuring consistent and best-practice approaches to initial assessment, planning, prioritization & referral, including at the Entry Points and across IAP outposts
- Tertiary qualified in human services, social work or other relevant discipline
- Inspirational leader, capable of supporting and managing staff who work with people with complex needs
Culture & Benefits
We believe housing is a basic human right and our values of empowerment, fresh thinking, agility, leadership and courage underpin everything we do. If you want a career where you can make a real difference, and you are passionate about our mission to end homelessness, then consider working
with Launch Housing! Our employees are spread across 14 different sites within metropolitan Melbourne.
In return, we offer great staff benefits including:
- Meaningful work that offers competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangements including work from home
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus 1-week wellbeing leave
- Professional and enjoyable working environment
About the organisation
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantaged Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal
change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless.
About the program
Our Initial Assessment & Planning (IAP) service is Launch Housing's first point of contact with our clients. The role of staff in this team is to provide assessment, information, prioritization, referrals and emergency accommodation support to assist families and individuals to find short term and long term, secure and affordable housing.
The service is extremely high volume, responding to the needs of homeless people, many of whom are experiencing crisis. Therefore, we are looking for people who can work under pressure with the ability to make sound decisions quickly.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Housing and Support Program Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.