About the role
About the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
Founded 20 years ago, the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is Australia’s largest human rights organisation providing support to people seeking asylum. We are an independent not-for-profit organisation whose programs support and empower people seeking asylum to maximise their own physical, mental and social well being. We champion the rights of people seeking asylum and mobilise a community of compassion to create lasting social and policy change.
We are a value-driven organisation that strives to be part of a change movement that supports people seeking asylum by providing critical services such as assistance with accommodation, food provisions, casework and legal services.
The ASRC movement is proudly supported by a community of committed volunteers and supporters who embrace the organisation’s vision that people seeking asylum can live safely, sustainably, independently and equally.
About The Role
The ASRC is seeking a highly motivated and experienced direct marketing professional to play an integral role in a highly talented award winning Fundraising and Marketing team. The Fundraising Program works to achieve financial sustainability for the ASRC through the management of a range of programs including individual and planned giving, appeals and campaigns, community fundraising and events, partnerships and monthly donation programs.
The Individual Giving Coordinator will be responsible for managing the ASRC’s direct marketing program including four appeals annually and a growing regular giving program. In conjunction with the Individual Giving Manager, this role will manage the care and stewardship of the ASRC donor base, offering an exceptional supporter experience for financial supporters of the ASRC.
When stepping into this role, you will draw on your extensive direct marketing experience and your exemplary interpersonal skills to actively contribute to donor acquisition and stewardship strategy and manage implementation. The successful Individual Giving Coordinator will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Demonstrated experience and an outstanding track record of success in managing end-to-end direct marketing campaigns
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Marketing or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in the successful planning and implementation of donor acquisition and retention strategies that meet budget requirements
- Experience in the development of key messaging documentation followed by implementation across digital, web and direct mail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands and prioritise workflows
- Experience and success implementing process management and overseeing project coordination
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to form meaningful relationships with donors
- Stakeholder management and the ability to collaborate with different teams
Lived experience of seeking asylum is highly desirable; please see the position description for further details.
Joining the ASRC means being a part of the largest human rights organisation in Australia, supporting refugees and people seeking asylum. We recognise and appreciate our incredible staff for their contribution, dedication and passion to support and empower people seeking asylum by providing the following conditions above the relevant modern award:
- Flexible Working Arrangements, including the ability to work remotely
- Annual Leave Loading of 17.5%
- Additional discretionary leave provisions including:
- Bonus Paid Leave over the December-January Holiday Season
- Paid Pandemic Leave
- Leave due to Cultural or Religiously Significant Events
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Leave
- Leave for Staff Seeking Asylum
- Gender Affirmation Leave
- Free onsite car and bicycle parking
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 per year tax free)
- Entertainment Packaging (up to $2,650 per year tax free)
- Discounts via HR systems provider at grocery and retail outlets
- Close proximity to public transport (100 metres from Footscray station and buses)
Please find the Position Description here to address the Selection Criteria (please copy and paste the link into your browser):
Only applications that include a CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria, will be considered.
Applications close Sunday 17th October 2021, 11:59pm
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Individual Giving Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.