About the role
What’s on offer:
- $80k – $85k per annum plus super
- Generous NFP salary sacrifice opportunities (up to $15,800 annually tax free)
- 5 weeks (pro-rata) annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly work environment
Are you an experienced professional with a passion for empowering people?
Who we’re seeking:
Out Doors Inc. seeks an experienced professional who will work collaboratively with the team, stakeholders and the community to advance the vision, mission and organisational performance of the organisation. The role is responsible for conducting holistic assessments to eligible members of the community and build a positive rapport with a wide range of individuals, as well as their support workers, family and friends. Planning Process including an intake, registration and needs assessment, support planning, coordination, support and monitoring to ensure participants can be holistically supported by understanding their needs and appropriately selected on programs. The successful applicant will assist in the delivery of high quality outdoor and recreation programs for people aged between 16+ years of age, who are at risk or living with a mental health issues.
This position will suit someone with extensive experience in intake and assessment, passionate about supporting our community, a good sense of humour, excellent interpersonal skills and “out-of-the-box thinking”.
Out Doors Inc. employs staff based on the individual’s attitudes, values and beliefs being in line with the core values and culture of our organisation.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for the management of participant referrals to the service, and conduct holistic assessments.
- Liaise with external agencies, identify and maintain rapport with relevant stakeholders through various mediums and engage them in development of appropriate programs.
- Maintains a high standard of administrative efficiency and accountability.
- Bring knowledge of and experience in a range of funded programs e.g. DHHS, DFFS, DSS, NDIS, etc.
How you’ll demonstrate your experience:
To be considered for this role, your response to the Key Selection Criteria, Cover Letter and CV will demonstrate the following.
- Qualifications in community development, social work, welfare area or other relevant fields accompanied by a minimum of 7 years relevant practical experience.
- Highly developed professional ethics and judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to monitor and interpret legislations, regulations and other agreements including NDIS.
- Ability to analyse matters to determine the key issues and ability to make accurate and timely referrals and develop and maintain accurate records and service systems.
- Establish priorities and monitor work flow in areas of responsibility including research and analysis as well as budget management.
- Interpersonal skills, including demonstrated leadership, in working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team environment whilst at the same time able to work flexibly, independently and co-operatively.
- Competency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn organizational client database (Lumary).
- Understanding of and commitment to social justice, equal opportunity, and community oriented workplaces as well as a collaborative working style.
- An understanding of the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation and commitment to the rights and interest of people living with a mental illness.
- Current full Victorian Drivers Licence
- Understanding the benefits of Outdoor Education and Recreational activities
- Current First Aid Certificate (Workplace Level 2) or willingness to undertake training.
Where to apply:
Please refer to www.outdoorsinc.org.au/careers for a copy of the Position Description. Only applications that address the Key Selection Criteria will be taken into consideration. Written applications with a covering letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the successful candidate will be subject to a criminal, NDIS Worker Screening Check, professional and education reference check. The successful candidate must have residency and full entitlements to work in Australia, a valid driver’s license and have the flexibility to travel occasionally.
Closing Date: 11th October 2021
About the organisation
Out Doors Inc. (Out Doors) is a not-for-profit organisation that delivers outdoor adventure and recreation programs Victoria-wide for people at risk or living with a mental health issue. We believe that people learn best by ‘doing’ and focus on every participant's ability rather than illness or disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Intake and Assessment Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.