About the role
- 10 Months Full Time – Fixed Term Contract
- Based in Bankstown with the opportunity to work from home
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
SSI has been successful to deliver the National Disability Insurance Scheme Partners in the Community Program (PITC), in the South West Sydney and Sydney districts, until June 2023. The program provides for Local Area Coordination (LAC) services to assist Participants in developing or reviewing support plans as well as extensive work in the community to promote inclusion and opportunities for people to access mainstream service.
The PITC Program in SSI will cover the fourteen local government areas in South Western Sydney and Sydney Metro Area’s with a team of over 200 people including Local Area Coordinators and other management, administration, and support staff located at a range of sites across each area.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Intake Team officer will be the first point of contact for applicants and families to connect with the Local Area Coordinator service. They will undertake appropriate and accurate screening of participants to then enable a referral to be progressed to an appointment booking with a LAC. The Intake Team officer will also ensure all relevant participant information collected is correct and available for reporting.
Duties and responsibilities:
- work collaboratively within teams to set goals and objectives to ensure outcomes are met
- develop and maintain effective relationships with the LAC team and external stakeholders such as NDIA staff and disability providers
- collect and verify initial participant information to ensure accuracy of content required to enable the progression of participant to planning meeting
- ensure timely response to requests and issues from internal and external stakeholders including participants and families
- ensure a person-centred approach is adopted when assessing participants to ensure accuracy of content and appropriate matching to enable progression of participant to planning meeting
- complete reporting requirements as directed
You possess well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds. You are professional in providing friendly customer service to the community.
You are well organised and have good time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- relevant qualifications in the disability sector and/or lived experience or awareness of the impact of existing or acquired disability upon individuals, families, carers, and the community
- outline your demonstrated experience working in the human services sector e.g. disability, child services, allied health, social work, community development, education and/or relevant qualifications or training on social inclusion, community development and engagement or person-centred thinking and planning.
- Experience using client management systems and excel.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers an d other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking backgrounds, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disabilities and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Intake Officer via Pro Bono Australia.