About the role
Full Time, Ongoing Role
- Be part of our innovative and game-changing early years services
- Full time, ongoing role in a dynamic and purposeful organisation
- Brand new double unit kindergarten in Seymour (Taungurung Country)
We are looking for an exceptional Lead Teacher to bring our education and care model to life. You will oversee the operational aspects of the kindergarten as the Nominated Supervisor. This full-time role includes a teaching allocation. This is a purpose-built double unit kindergarten, with a multipurpose room and office space which works in collaboration with Seymour College and Our Place community engagement facilitators.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Responsibility for the day to day operations of the kindergarten
- Leadership of the educators
- Provide a program of education and care based on strengths, dispositions, skills and interests of the children which will evolve from observations, feedback from parents, the inclusion of the
broader community and other written records.
- Ensuring the program adheres to the agreed centre philosophy as well as the Code of Conduct.
- Monitoring of quality and compliance
- Working collaboratively with the family and children’s centre key stakeholders
- Supporting the implementation of innovative programs as directed by the General Manager Early Childhood and Family Services
- Support the implementation of the Kids First early years model – full training provided
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Early Childhood Degree qualification as recognised by ACECQA
- Proven ability to work in a cohesive team environment
- Comprehensive understanding of child development (3-6 years old)
- Experience in working in partnership with other services and agencies
- Demonstrate personal values aligned with Kids First organisational values
- Proven skill and experience in working in an early education and care setting
- Sound knowledge of legislation, policy and frameworks related to early education and care services
- Experience in providing leadership and management
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes-focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take-home pay
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
- Be eligible for the DET $9,000 location incentive
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to
community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Lead Teacher/Nominated Supervisor via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Engagement, #Education_and_Training