About the role
- Be part of our innovative and game-changing early years services
- Full time, ongoing role in a dynamic and purposeful organisation
- Growing kindergarten community
We are looking for an exceptional Lead Teacher to bring our education and care model to life. As the nominated supervisor, you will oversee the operation of our newly established, purpose-built kindergarten with multipurpose rooms and office space. This full time role also includes a teaching allocation.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Responsibility for the day to day operations of the kindergarten
- Providing leadership to the educators
- Providing a program of education and care based on strengths, dispositions, skills and interests of the children which will evolve from observations, feedback from parents, the inclusion of the broader community and other written records
- Ensuring the program adheres to the agreed centre philosophy as well as the Code of Conduct
- Organising the indoor and outdoor environment, including the safety and rotation of equipment
- Ensuring that transition times are smooth, calm and purposeful
- Supporting the implementation of the Kids First early years model – full training provided
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Early Childhood Degree qualification as recognised by ACECQA
- Proven ability to work in a cohesive team environment
- Comprehensive understanding of child development (3-6 years old)
- Experience with working in partnership with other services and agencies
- Demonstrate personal values aligned with Kids First organisational values
- Proven skills and experience in working in an early education and care setting
- Sound knowledge of legislation, policy and frameworks relation to early education and care services
- Experience in providing leadership and management
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes-focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take-home pay
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to
community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Lead Teacher - Wallan East Kindergarten via Pro Bono Australia.