About the role
The Board of BGF is seeking applications for non-executive director positions. The roles are voluntary and assist in overseeing the Organisation’s direction and operations and providing support and guidance to the Chief Executive and Management team to execute their duties.
The responsibilities within this role encompass:
- The oversight and strategic direction of BGF
- Reading Board papers
- Attending Board and committee meetings
- Attending both BGF community and fundraising events
- Ensuring that the Organisation operates within its legal mandate and Constitution
- Provide strategic leadership of the Organisation
- Be an active contributor with a genuine interest in the organisation
- Promote annual fundraising events to their personal and professional networks.
About the organisation
- Australia's longest-running HIV care and support charity
- Empower and support people living with HIV to live well
- Join a passionate board and inspirational organisation
Based in Sydney, Bobby Goldsmith Foundation (BGF) is Australia's longest-running Community-based HIV organisation established by a dedicated group of Bobby Goldsmith's friends in 1984 after his death, BGF has helped thousands of people living with HIV across NSW and SA. Today, BGF’s purpose is to empower and support people living with HIV to thrive by providing practical, emotional and financial support. BGF is a not-for-profit public company limited by guarantee.
How to apply
Applicants should forward their resume and an expression of interest letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact BGF President Justin Cudmore on email@example.com. Applications close 5 October 2021.
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.