About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full-time, Ongoing
- Footscray location
About the opportunity
The Non-Residential Withdrawal Nurse is responsible for all aspects of the medical management of a client’s alcohol or other drug withdrawal in a non-residential setting. This includes monitoring client withdrawal symptoms and associated medication management. The NRW Nurse liaises with medical staff (GPs or hospital staff) and other clinical staff (e.g. mental health clinicians) to ensure the safe and effective management of withdrawal and co-occurring physical and mental health conditions.
This role will also works closely with other AOD service streams (e.g. Intake and Assessment, Counselling, Care & Recovery Coordination, Residential Withdrawal, Residential Rehabilitation and Youth services) as well as related sectors to provide an integrated catchment wide service response.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Registration as a current Division 1 or Division 3 Nurse as per the Victorian Nurses Registration Board.
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 12 months of employment).
- Competencies in dual diagnosis (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment).
- Proven ability in all aspect of the medical management of a client’s withdrawal program.
- Experience in developing individual treatment plans, post withdrawal and discharge planning.
- Experience working with people with AOD and/or Mental Health issues.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the following:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 22 September 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please call Sarah Jones – Manager, Integrated Clinical Practice on 0466 869 726
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Non-Residential Withdrawal Nurse via Pro Bono Australia.