About the role
- Unique opportunity to join an iconic South Australian not-for-profit organisation
- Small, dynamic team of passionate people whose shared goal is to make a positive difference to child safety
- Vehicle/travel and mobile phone allowance provided
Kidsafe SA is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Manager for the operations of their HOME and PLAY Services to join their growing team!
About the Opportunity
An exciting and rewarding opportunity to join one of South Australia’s most reputable not-for-profit organisations, Kidsafe SA.
Based in Hilton (Adelaide Metro Inner West) and reporting to the CEO, you will coordinate the day-to-day activities of staff and stakeholders to ensure that Kidsafe SA’s diverse programs and services are delivered to the highest standard.
A particular focus will also be to identify and implement business development opportunities to grow the HOME and PLAY service streams. Avenues for growth include attaining new business and securing funding to further support operations for HOME and PLAY.
This opportunity is a full-time 12-month fixed term contract with the possibility to be extended.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the day-to-day operation of the HOME and PLAY service streams and delivery of the Business Action Plan
- Providing leadership, encouragement, and support to staff and affirm Kidsafe SA’s commitment to a stakeholder-focused culture
- Managing the performance of tasks in support of the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the Strategic Plan
- Developing and growing the operations of the HOME and PLAY service streams through identifying and engaging new business and funding opportunities consistent with Kidsafe SA values
- Managing and building positive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Meeting relevant financial targets and managing program budgets
- Reporting to the CEO, key stakeholders and sponsors on performance, and preparing papers for Board and Sub-Committee meetings as required
You will have/be:
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- High levels of written communication skills, including reports and submission writing
- Tertiary qualifications or experiential equivalent in health promotion, business administration, business development or a related discipline
- Operational leadership experience
- Ability to seek and obtain new business and funding for Kidsafe SA’s services and programs
- Excellent relationship building skills, including ability to maintain effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
- Ability to work independently while also working effectively in a small team
- Competent public speaker – ability to represent Kidsafe across different mediums
- Show initiative and work under limited supervision
- Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Current SA Drivers licence and use of personal vehicle
- A current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
It would be ideal if you have:
- Experience in child injury prevention
- Experience with accounting software i.e. Xero
About the organisation
Kidsafe SA is in the business of child safety and injury prevention. For 40 years they have been the leading independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the prevention of unintentional death and serious injury to South Australian children aged 0–15 years.
Kidsafe SA works to provide leadership and advocacy for child safety and injury prevention, and to inform and educate the South Australian public in the effort to preserve and protect the lives of children. Kidsafe SA is a growing organisation that seeks to increase its injury prevention advocacy.
We've shared the client's name to help you assess your suitability for the role. Please DO NOT contact them directly.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager (Home & Play Services) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Families