About the role
- Full-Time permanent role, working 35hrs per week
- Working across the Greater Sydney area (Liverpool base)
- Excellent benefits – Salary packaging and Flexible working arrangements!
About the Role
The Operations Support Manager will support the Head of Employment Services as the 2 IC, and is accountable for a full range of operational outcomes, including service quality, stakeholder management, programs governance, financial performance, people leadership and risk management
The Operations Support Manager role will provide management support, supervision, and development to all support functions within the Employment services; this includes:
- The Business Development team
- The Outcomes Support team
- The Quality, Contract, and performance’s specialist team members
The Operations Support Manager role will support the Service management team for Federal and State-funded employment service programs (including DES, Jobactive, Parents next, RESP, OPP, JVA JVES and other) and be responsible for maintaining, driving operational/financial achievements and increasing efficiency across all programs.
- Provide inspired leadership for the organisation
- Ensure operational practices reflect Employment Services Division and Programs goals
- Contribute to internal discussions and plans re SSI strategic direction for ES services
- Build alliances and partnerships with SSI internal divisions across services delivery and corporates teams, especially the newcomers, settlement integration division
- Manage a diverse and complex group of programs/projects across the E S division
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, auditing, performance, and contracts management
- Manage all operational aspects of ES to deliver an effective service and optimal outcomes to ES clients
- Responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing all financial outcomes and contract relationships
- Directing the functions of budgeting, reporting and financial analysis to appraise operating results in terms of costs, budget, operating policies, and trends
- Preparation of business cases – Working with the operational & services Managers to prepare business cases and financial modelling for new initiatives
- Work closely with ES management team and relevant internal stakeholders to develop and implement performance improvement strategies and plans to support an improved performance across the ES division
- Implement monitoring and evaluation strategies to ensure necessary and appropriate statistical data is collected
- Analyse ES reporting and identify trends, patterns, practice issues, and report trends
- Provide expertise in developing, streamlining, maintaining, and reviewing outcome-focused employment contracts to maintain existing contracts and identify performance improvement and growth opportunities
- Support ES management team to ensure programs Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) comply with programs and performance requirements
Other duties as directed from time to time within your skills range and capacity.
- Tertiary qualifications in Operations Management or equivalent and relevant senior operational management experience
- Proven operational management experience at a senior level and within a service delivery context
- Solid understanding of financial, performance, and projects management
- Demonstrated understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees
- Must have a strong sense of empathy and understanding about the individual communities we service
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in the Australian Employment service sector and labour market and in Workforce Development is desirable
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry-leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our in-house well-being programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities
About the organisation
ABOUT EMPLOYMENT & ENTERPRISES
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disabilities to achieve this.
How to apply
Hit 'Apply Now' and submit your application to be considered for this role.
At SSI we have a zero-tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child-safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email email@example.com or call Vimla Khooblall on 02 8799 6700
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.
Please quote in application: Operations Support Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Families, #Mental_Health, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development