About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Permanent full time or part time 4 days per week negotiable
- Based at Frankston
About the program
We have an exciting opportunity for two Practitioners to join our multi-disciplinary team at the Bayside Peninsula Orange Door. The Orange Door Program brings together workforces from Community Service Organisations, Aboriginal Services, Family Safety Victoria and DFFH, to deliver an integrated practice model and a consolidated intake point for:
- Women, children, young people and families who are experiencing or have experienced family violence
- People who use violence
- Families requiring support with the care, development and wellbeing of unborn babies, infants, children and young people
Uniting focuses specifically on the provision of services to vulnerable families who require extra support with the care, development and wellbeing of unborn babies, infants, children and young people.
About the opportunity
As a Practitioner, you will work as an integrated member of the Orange Door team to deliver quality, safe and effective responses to children, young people and families seeking support through the Orange Door Support and Safety Hub. The Practitioner will be responsible for screening, triaging and assessing clients, offering crisis intervention, and coordinating referrals in accordance with program guidelines and relevant risk assessment frameworks. The role will provide support to clients via phone, within the Orange Door site and at outreach visits.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent as per the mandatory minimum qualification requirements for specialist family violence practitioners.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated case management experience within the child, youth and family welfare sector
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment and risk management
- An understanding of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005, particularly the Best Interests Framework
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other services, agencies and professionals to achieve successful client outcomes
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the person specification in the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Monday 25 October 2021
Get in touch
Kelly McGrath – Team Leader, Orange Door
Robyn Barton – Manager, Orange Door
T: (03) 9704 8377
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Orange Door Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People