About the role
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in amplifying the voice of Pro Bono Australia and its products through digital and offline development.
This is a 4 day per week role with flexible working hours being offered as an option. One or two days per week will be required in our Melbourne city office. We are however open to outstanding applicants from other states.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the sales and editorial teams, the Marketing Manager will develop and deliver strategic marketing plans, run and oversee all digital marketing and communications, liaise with partners and have creative design skills to support existing and new digital strategies.
This requires the ability to market an array of programs and products across multiple channels.
This is a largely autonomous role reporting to a busy CEO that asks for the ability to prioritise a challenging workload to deliver the agreed Marketing strategies whilst managing one staff member and liaising with other parts of our organisation.
- Collaborate with key sector partners to drive digital change initiatives and to develop new approaches to digital communications, reaching new audiences and building communities of interest through creative use of content
- Deliver direction and leadership to ensure the implementation of effective integrated marketing campaigns designed to meet revenue, traffic and subscriber targets across multiple business divisions
- Take a hands-on approach to ensure the development and implementation of effective, creative media and partnership material that aligns with brand and broader communication strategies
- End-to-end campaign management, including strategy, implementation and reporting of major campaigns
- Management of audience growth, engagement and retention on email platforms (currently Mailchimp)
- Identification and development of grant and partnership opportunities
- Measurement of PBAs Impact
- Management of the Marketing Co-ordinator role
Qualifications and experience
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (i.e. Marketing, Advertising, or Communications)
- 5-6 years of campaign-based multi-channel B2B and/or B2C marketing
- Knowledge of managing marketing budgets in order to achieve sales targets and other company KPIs
- Excellent organisational, project management and leadership skills
- A proven track-record of successful planning and execution of Marketing strategies including new product development
- At least 3 years experience in stakeholder relations, team management and leadership
- Must be comfortable with managing projects in cross-functional teams and providing leadership to teams outside of marketing, including providing training of team members where necessary
- A comprehensive understanding of the digital user/customer journey
- Must have at least 3 years experience in campaign execution (setup, optimisation and reporting) of digital marketing platforms i.e. Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager and Google Analytics.
- At least 3 years experience in managing content strategy / implementation across websites, email and social media
- At least 3 years experience managing website projects and knowledge of website UX best practice
- Strong experience in customer/audience acquisition, engagement and retention via social media and email
- Bonus points for experience using other Google products for analysis including Google Tag Manager and Data Studio
- Creative development
- Strong experience in key messaging and copy development, with knowledge of best practice per marketing channel
- Strong experience in visual creative concepting and briefing teams on asset development, with knowledge of best practice per marketing channel
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Additional desirable experience
- Experience in brand building projects e.g. building awareness, refresh, USPs etc.
- Experience working with PR and media partnerships
- Not-for-profit experience is desirable, but not a requirement
- Media industry experience is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Bonus points for experience using Salesforce
About the organisation
Pro Bono Australia is looking for a stellar performer to join our team to drive growth through our partnerships and our digital marketing and communications
Over two decades PBA has been at the forefront of the for-Purpose and Impact movements in the Australian not for profit and business worlds. As the premier destination hub of the “for- Purpose” sector in Australia, we are a major voice for the growth of this sector through delivering our News, Jobs, Education, Surveys and other resources to 2 million people annually. We walk the talk and hold B Corp accreditation.
At the forefront of PBA is our Media offering delivered to our 70,000 subscribers daily and written by a team of professional journalists. We are a member of The Australian Press Council.
Integrity, determination, a track record of successful performance in digital marketing and strong relationship building skills are qualities integral to the successful candidate.
The partnerships aspect of this role is being amplified as PBA expands beyond our substantial existing network into new partnerships with aligned organisations.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Partnerships and Marketing Manager via Pro Bono Australia.