About the role
- Exciting opportunity for a Program Director, Volunteering Partnerships to join the ABV team
- Flourish in this unique role, embedded within the Volunteering Program of an ASX listed corporate partner
- Be part of this engaging and collaborative team
This role exists to help communities prosper by:
- Developing and managing volunteering partnerships between the corporate and selected not for profit partners.
- Managing ABV’s skilled volunteering opportunities with the corporate partner
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the Corporate Partner’s team to develop, negotiate and manage day to day relationships with selected not-for-profits in accordance with the Partnering Cycle approach.
- Plan, deliver and monitor implementation and reporting of programs, projects and partnerships.
- Create content for communication channels and platforms internally and externally as required.
- Delivery of ABV’s skilled volunteering opportunities with the Corporate Partner (hackathons, Disaster Recovery and Community Strategy Challenges etc.).
- Working with the ABV CEO to develop and manage the Corporate Partner/ABV partnership including the development of proposals, presentations and reports as required.
- Regular program reporting and analysis of the program including producing timely and accurate program metrics and contributions as required.
- Work with Program team to design and continuously evolve ABV’s program offerings.
What you’ll bring
To be successful in the role you can also demonstrate the following:
- Extensive experience (at least 10 years) in program and project design, implementation and management in the Australian not for profit sector and/or international development sector.
- Proven skills and experience in partnership brokering and management; with acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and developing small teams of staff, with a commitment to mentoring.
- Excellent communication skills both good written and verbal skills as well as stakeholder engagement and project management skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization as a team player, working collaboratively with and through others.
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline such as international development or business management.
ABV’s office is located in Sydney although this role will be based in Victoria, with an expectation of being able to work remotely from home and to commute to the corporate partner’s office in Melbourne CBD regularly.
All staff are responsible for complying with all ABV policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct, financial delegations and health and safety standards. Further information about ABV can be found on the website at: www.abv.org.au.
OTHER BENEFITS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
All employment packages include exempt fringe benefits (PBI) up to $15,900 per annum
- Employment Assistance Program
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Family friendly work environment
To discuss the role contact Naomi Toole on +61 404 397 355.
About the organisation
Our purpose is to donate business expertise to positively change communities.
ABV is a team of several hundred Skilled Business Professionals (SBPs) enabled by a small salaried team. Together we source opportunities throughout Asia Pacific and in Australia to work in partnership with corporates and deliver impactful corporate social responsibility programs. We guarantee sustainable outcomes for communities, through strengthening small businesses and not for profits, leading to poverty alleviation. As we emerge from the COVID pandemic, ABV is taking on a new and growing range of exciting projects, working with our partners and volunteers across Australia and overseas.
With 40 years’ experience across Australia, Asia and Pacific, ABV is focussed on programs that produce outcomes, positive stories of change for the small businesses and not-for-profits that our Skilled Business Professionals and staff support through transferring Australian business know-how and experience.
How to apply
It truly is an exciting time to be coming on board and contributing to our organisation. Are you ready to make that leap and jump on board? If so, apply now!
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please provide a resume and cover letter, addressing the selection criteria.
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date.
Please quote in application: Program Director, Volunteering Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.