About the role
- Take the lead to inspire this team in a great organisation!
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
- Increase your take-home pay with Salary Packaging!
Your new job…
This position is responsible for leading, managing and developing a team to deliver high quality and contractually compliant services to clients in a local community. The program supports families to provide the security, care and support that are so vital to a child’s development.
Leading a team of 10 experienced and dedicated individuals across two sites – Kingswood and Mt Druitt, you will play a key role in the performance of the program. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead a team in the delivery of program requirements to clients
- Influence service outcomes by providing training and development to staff
- Ensure service delivery achieves the required client outcomes, operating in a compliant manger within funding guidelines
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Drive positive changes throughout the business and contribute to continuous improvements
- Review service outcomes and produce reporting to relevant parties
- Conduct staff performance reviews and follow up any staff grievances
- Prepare or assist in setting budgets and lead the financial management of the program
This is a Permanent Full-Time opportunity at 38 hours per week. Salary for this role is classified at level 5 in Mission Australia’s Enterprise Agreement.
This role will work across two locations – Kingswood and Mt Druitt as you will manage teams across both locations, frequent travel will be required so a Driver’s Licence is necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed…
You will be a qualified and highly experienced manager with a sound understanding of community engagement and early intervention strategies.
You will be a strategic thinker with the ability to motivate and keep your team accountable to deliver outcomes to the standard required. But you will also understand the bigger picture and work as an active member of the entire leadership team.
You will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to balance leadership requirements with work collaboratively and listening to ideas from your team.
- Relevant Degree or Associate Diploma with substantial experience
- Substantial experience in leading and managing teams in a complex service delivery setting
- Demonstrated ability to deliver service outcomes on time and in compliance with funding requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Previous experience in budget and financial management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of issues facing youth, homelessness and residential services
- A Current Driver’s Licence
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse and expect all employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
What you’ll get in return…
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support
If you have a lot of experience to share and have a passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives then we want to talk with you right away!
About the organisation
Your new employer…
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day they support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
Their innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued as an employee at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career. They are committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people they serve. They recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support their purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia. Find out more about a career with Mission Australia
How to apply
What to do now…
For an Information Pack, please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form (from the Information Pack) along with your resume before the closing date.
Closing date: COB (5pm) Monday 27th September 2021
Before starting work with this employer, you will need to undertake a National Police History Check, Qualifications Verification and Referee Checks, and have a clearance to Work with Children/vulnerable people.
Please quote in application: Program Manager via Pro Bono Australia.