About the role
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for delivering housing development projects for Housing Choices including undertaking preliminary works and managing the implementation throughout all aspects of the process from design to successful handover.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate their experience in delivering strategic development projects considering the broader development environment, innovative funding, joint venture and partner offers and be able to secure future development opportunities, potentially as part of consortiums.
You must have an in-depth understanding, gained through experience, of grants, EOIs, tender writing, feasibility studies, heritage, and other studies, to be able to deliver to large-scale growth projects, with a focus on the Public Housing Renewal Program.
We are therefore seeking a Project Manager who can understand design, procurement, scope of works, the planning phase of programmes as well as be commercial astute.
A sound knowledge of project management techniques and experience in the planning and delivery of projects to agreed scope, time and cost is essential to the success of this role as well as your high level conceptual, analytical and communication skills.
- Manage the design and process of projects, including architectural and engineering design and facilitating and assessing relevant cost estimates.
- An understanding of a projects full lifecycle within the commercial sector in medium to large scale projects
- Commercial Project Management experience including systematic assessment, development, monitoring and review of projects, consultant inputs, with significant focus on planning and delivery of built form and community outcomes.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills and experience in liaising with consultants and stakeholders to develop design briefs, costings and submissions to local government town planners.
- Facilitate as necessary community consultation with respect to proposed projects.
- Negotiate commercial terms with development partners within delegated authorities.
- Administer construction contracts with successful contractors following tender evaluation and manage delivery across the design and build phases
- High level conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external
- Drive the implementation of quality control measures to ensure that the quality of project plans and proposals are of the highest standard, in accordance with HCA values, budget, policies and best practice.
- Experience in managing teams, project budgets and client relationships.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline and PRINCE 2 (practitioner preferred), or PMP, or Reg PM qualifications
About the organisation
Join us and share our Vision:
‘All people affordably housed in neighborhoods that support life opportunities’
Housing Choices Australia (Housing Choices) is a leading and growing national not-for-profit housing provider. Our goal is to ensure that people are housed in inclusive communities and to create homes that encourage a sense of belonging. We own or manage more than 7,000 homes across Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, NSW and WA.
We provide a culture that supports individuals to be their best, with opportunities for personal and career development. We are committed to cultivating an equal, diverse, and inclusive environment for our staff, residents, and stakeholders.
Housing Choices recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce. We celebrate and respect our people's differences and are committed to being inclusive.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal Australians and persons with a disability to who are attracted to our opportunities to apply.
How to apply
We are seeking someone who naturally combines a strong business and accountability ethos with a deep commitment to our vision and mission.
What we offer in return
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- A day off on your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary Packaging for living expenses, meal, and entertainment expenses
- Excellent career development opportunities
Please note that it is a requirement of this position that all appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Housing Choices Australia and the successful post holder to.
- Provide a valid employee Working with Children Check
- Agree to comply with Child Safe Environments policies and procedures
- Provide a current driver’s license and willingness to travel across Housing Choices’ locations, as required.
To find out more about us, the role and the excellent benefits and conditions we offer, please visit our website. Applicants must apply through Seek.com and include a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position as outlined in the position description. A copy of the Position Description is available on HCA website, housingchoices.org.au. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Marguerite Cokalis – Business Partner People and Culture on 03 8636 9433.
Housing Choices Australia reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately. This opportunity is only open to candidates with appropriate legal working rights within Australia. Housing Choices recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce, we celebrate and respect our people's differences and are committed to being inclusive. We strongly encourage Aboriginal Australians to apply.
Applications Close: Wednesday 29 September 2021
Please quote in application: Project Manager via Pro Bono Australia.