About the role
- Join a leader in youth mental health, revolutionising services to our young people
- Be part of a supportive team with career development and growth opportunities in clinical care and research
- Fixed-term for 12 months with opportunity for further employment access to generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements
Orygen Digital is seeking a Research and Evaluation Manager. You will be well supported operationally to ensure your career at Orygen is both fulfilling and rewarding without compromising on your life goals.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and want to make a real difference in the lives of young people and their families and carers and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to join the Orygen team to revolutionise youth mental health.
The role and your impact:
Full-time fixed term position available for 12 months, with potential for further employment.
The Research and Evaluation Manager will facilitate the delivery of Orygen Digital’s research and evaluation activities surrounding the implementation and use of its MOST platform in youth mental health services. You will contribute to the development and execution of the research evaluation strategy of MOST (including KPIs and methodologies) with a focus on service evaluation, quality research frameworks, and novel and agile evaluations methodologies enabled by digital technology and large sample sizes. You will also:
- Produce high-quality evaluation reports for internal and external stakeholders as required including relevant data analytics
- Monitor and maintain research quality and integrity of the implementation of MOST in youth mental health services against the research strategy
- Manage/coordinate requests from other Orygen Digital teams and reporting to external stakeholders (e.g. funders, partners)
- Expand and manage an experienced research team including research assistant(s), data analyst(s)
- Disseminate key findings from research and evaluation activities to relevant Orygen Digital teams
- Coordinate, supervise data collection and perform analyses against KPIs (including REDCap management)
- Apply for ethics approvals as required and liaise with ethics committees
Essential to this role is postgraduate qualifications in mental health, health economics, health services evaluation, behavioural or social sciences, public health, evaluation, business management, or other relevant field. You are passionate, energetic, and determined to make a difference to health outcomes for young people. In addition, you will bring:
- Demonstrated skills and extensive experience in the management of research and evaluation design and delivery
- Demonstrated track record in independent or team-based research and/or evaluation in a health, social service and/or youth context.
- Highly developed organisational and project management skills including attention to detail and ability to plan and organise own time and that of others to prioritise tasks and achieve project outcomes.
- Experience supervising and mentoring junior staff.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to expertly apply research methodologies and quantitative/qualitative data analysis.
To view the FULL selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please go to www.orygen.org.au/About/Work-with-Us to view the Position Description or contact Dan Code at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Salary and benefits:
Depending on your skills and experience, a salary of $100,00-$120,000 p.a. is offered plus superannuation and access to generous NFP salary packaging.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind, Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, an employee assistance program, well-regarded supervision and a supportive team, career growth and development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
About the organisation
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: RESEARCH AND EVALUATION MANAGER via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health