About the role
We’re looking for a professional Saver Plus Coordinator with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a maximum part-time basis, working 30.4 hours per week based in Fitzroy with the option to work from home.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Financial Inclusion department is committed to innovation and developing new models for tackling financial exclusion which can be replicated by other community organisations and furthering the policy debate about financial inclusion. The Financial Inclusion department understands that, given appropriate support, people on low incomes can save, build assets and repay debt.
The Saver Plus Coordinator supports Saver Plus participants to establish a savings habit, build their financial knowledge and skills and save for the children’s or their own education. In addition, this position works collaboratively with the Program Manager to promote the program to the relevant community networks and support this partnership.
Salary will be in the range of $69,305.03- $75,960.93 pro rata per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Experience working in a similar role, maintaining productive working relationships with local community networks
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating or delivering training to diverse audiences (individuals and groups)
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Proven ability to work with limited direction and as an effective team member to achieve outcomes
- Proven ability to work remotely and support stakeholders both virtually and digitally with a strong command of digital platforms, programs and practices
- Understanding of the issues associated with social and financial exclusion in Australia and familiarity with programs which seek to address these
- Good attention to detail as well as proven experience in maintaining accurate records in a timely manner
- Current Victorian driver’s license
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood networks.
- Demonstrated experience in or understanding of the Saver Plus Program
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or John Davis on 0491 155 334 for a confidential discussion.
Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible via MS Teams.
To view the position description, please click here. (For external boards)
Applications close: Sunday 19th September 2021 at 11:55 PM
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Saver Plus Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.