About the role
- Join a leader in youth mental health, revolutionising services to our young people
- Be part of a supportive team with career development and growth opportunities in clinical care and research
- Part-time (0.6 FTE) fixed term until 30 June 2022 with opportunity for further employment
- Generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements
headspace Sunshine is seeking an experienced senior clinician with strong leadership skills to support a driven and inclusive team to deliver excellent youth-friendly early intervention services. You will be well supported operationally and clinically to ensure your career at Orygen is both fulfilling and rewarding without compromising on your life goals. If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and want to make a real difference to the lives of young people and their families and carers and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence, and innovation, then we would love you to join the Orygen team to revolutionise youth mental health. The role and your impact The Senior Access Team Clinician is a broad and busy role providing great opportunities to broaden and develop both your clinical and management skills in a supportive, positive workplace culture. You will:
- Provide leadership, daily operational management, support and supervision to a team of Access Clinicians.
- Support the provision of youth-friendly early intervention services at the headspace centre and ensure that all members of the access team operate within headspace philosophy and strategic directions, as well as local policy and procedure framework.
- Utilise your strong clinical skills in providing direct intake, assessment, care planning, referral, advice and consultation services to young people, their families/carers and community professionals/agencies.
- Be involved in service development and community engagement/awareness-raising activities.
About you Essential to the role is that you are tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline such as Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing and have full registration with AHPRA or eligible for registration with AASW. You are passionate, energetic and determined to make a difference to health outcomes for young people. In addition, you will bring:
- Previous experience in providing leadership and supervision.
- Extensive experience in the planning and provision of mental health care.
- Ability to be self-motivated and directed, demonstrating a sound ability to proactively oversee and make decisions.
- Demonstrated capacity to problem solve effectively and work creatively with young people, particularly within an early intervention framework.
- Developed skills in decision-making, problem-solving and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team in a health setting and to provide leadership and supervision to staff and students.
- Commitment to supporting clinical research within the service.
To see the FULL selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please refer to the Position Description below or contact Sasha Preece at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion. Salary and benefits Depending on your skills and experience, a salary of $80,621 – $91,430 p.a. pro rata is offered plus superannuation and access to generous NFP salary packaging. Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind, Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, an employee assistance program, well-regarded supervision and a supportive team, career growth and development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
About the organisation
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Access Team Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.