About the role
Role location Melbourne, Australia
● Hands-on senior, global role
● Opportunity to contribute to an organization making an impact on some of the most vulnerable women and children in the world.
● Culturally sensitive collaborator
● Sharp financial acumen
Communities free and healed form the trauma of human trafficking, slavery and abuse.
Are you an experienced and capable Senior Accountant with financial experience in International
or national Non-profit Organization (NGOs), looking for a role in an organisation that makes a
significant impact on the lives of some of the most vulnerable women and children in the world?
Do you enjoy getting hands on with financial management at all levels of an organization?
Hagar International Foundation is seeking a Senior Accountant who manages, controls and develops
those functions relating to the financial wellbeing of Hagar International and its Programs Offices, as well as coordinating financial management and reporting across its Global Federation. The role is based in Melbourne, Australia.
The salary for this role will be negotiated on the basis of your qualifications and experience.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
Reporting directly to the Hagar International Chief Operating Office, the Senior Accountant will
oversee day to day operational oversight of Hagar International, including it’s country offices.
This will include all aspects of strategic financial leadership, financial management, delivery and
reporting, and corporate governance which enable Hagar to support and meet the needs of
survivors of abuse and exploitation in the countries where Hagar operates.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
▪ Relevant tertiary qualifications in finance and/or business operations and holding CA/CPA
▪ 5-10 years of experience as a CFO, Senior Finance Manager, Senior Accountant or
▪ Experience in a financial leadership role in the national or international NGO sector
▪ Experience in working in a cross-cultural environment and across borders with NGOs,
preferably in Asia leading a finance team and providing finance technical support to
other country program and support offices.
▪ High level of experience in working as a partner in a head office and knowledge in
developing and updating financial policies and procedures as well as rolling out to other
Skills and Knowledge:
▪ Understanding accounting standards, funds and grant accountability, compliance and reporting.
▪ Knowledge of effective financial software and accounting system for reporting
purposes, proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook and other computer-based
▪ Strong organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills and relationship building
▪ Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong oral and written English
▪ Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex finance teams and environments,
demonstrating Finance best practice delivery of key strategy outcomes and effective
implementation of operational plans
▪ Ability to report and track progress against deliverables, demonstrating effective time
management and planning skills, ability to prioritise
▪ Understanding and commitment to Hagar’s core values, our vision, mission and
▪ Role model behaviour demonstrating and living Hagar’s values of respect, integrity,
compassion and excellence
▪ Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally sensitive environment that is globally
diverse, with respect and professionalism
▪ Advocacy for and proven development and capacity building of national staff in an
▪ Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a high-performing team and work effectively
▪ Evidence of strong consultation, communication and interpersonal skills, with a
demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with others, provide advice and exercise
▪ Ability to integrate and prioritise Finance department needs with the broader
organisation strategy and operational priorities, to produce optimal outcomes for the
organisation, working collaboratively with key stakeholders
▪ Ability to resolve complex issues, working with managers to provide advice and
coaching to build people management capability
▪ Ability to work on all levels of financial tasks as required.
About the organisation
We are an international organisation dedicated to the recovery of women and children who have endured extreme abuses. We do what ever it takes to help survivors of slavery, human trafficking and abuse in Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore and Myanmar, to heal and rebuild their lives.
In Afghanistan, we provide humanitarian assistance for people who are displaced, vulnerable, or living in poverty.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Women