About the role
- Join a leader in youth mental health, revolutionising services to our young people
- Be part of a supportive team with career development and growth opportunities
- Access to generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements
A rewarding opportunity making a significant impact working within a multidisciplinary, clinical team to engage and support young people with complex needs within an enhanced primary care setting. You will be well supported operationally and clinically to ensure your career at Orygen is both fulfilling and rewarding without compromising on your life goals.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and want to make a real difference in the lives of young people and their families and carers and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence, and innovation, then we would love you to join the Orygen team to revolutionise youth mental health.
The role and your impact:
- Part-time or full-time (0.8 to 1.0 FTE) fixed term positions available at headspace Craigieburn / Melton.
- Part-time (0.8 FTE) fixed term position available at headspace Glenroy.
All positions are available until 30 June 2022 with the potential for further employment.
As the Senior Clinician – Enhanced Care Coordinator, you will identify and address the barriers and challenges to access appropriate service pathways and effective treatment. This role will work closely with GP’s, psychiatrists, access team clinicians and allied health contracted staff to facilitate coordinated care and treatment for moderate to severe mental health disorders. Working with the leadership team, you will provide assessment, care planning, referral, advice and consultation services to young people, their families/carers and community professionals/agencies, and will be involved in service development.
You are passionate, energetic, and determined to make a difference to health outcomes for young people. In addition, you will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in and current registration with one of the following allied health fields:
- Psychologists: Registration with AHPRA
- Occupational Therapists: Registration with AHPRA
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses: Registration with AHPRA and the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. Bachelor degree in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing or equivalent, or, Bachelor degree in Nursing plus a Postgraduate qualification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing.
- Social Workers: An approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Extensive experience in the planning and provision of mental health care, including completion of mental health assessments, crisis intervention, psychoeducation and short-term treatment interventions to young people experiencing mental health and/or substance use, and/or other social difficulties, including current evidence-based approaches.
- Ability to be self-motivated and directed, demonstrating a sound ability to proactively oversee and lead decisions in relation to the intake/assessment services and young people’s suitability for ongoing treatment/support services at the centre.
- Extensive service system knowledge, relevant legislation, government policy, and strategic directions in relation to mental health and alcohol and other substances particularly as it relates to young people.
To view the FULL selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please go to www.orygen.org.au/About/Work-with-Us to view the Position Description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Salary and benefits:
Depending on your skills and experience, a salary of $80,621 – $91,430 p.a. pro-rata is offered plus superannuation and access to generous NFP salary packaging.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind, Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, an employee assistance program, well-regarded supervision and a supportive team, career growth and development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
About the organisation
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: SENIOR CLINICIAN – ENHANCED CARE COORDINATOR via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health