About the role
Victoria Walks is looking for a highly motivated and experienced policy analyst, planner, or engineer to build the case for government investment in walking.
This new role will liaise with stakeholders to develop concrete proposals for government investment to support walking or the creation of more walkable places. It will support advocacy for investment proposals including preparation of written communications. It may also undertake other activities as required, such as preparing policy submissions, participating in policy working groups, developing resources, case studies and reports and/or supporting Smart Urban Futures conference programming.
The successful candidate must meet the following key selection criteria:
- Experience in sustainable transport, urban planning, urban design, traffic engineering, public policy, government budget development or a related field.
- High-level of knowledge of pedestrian-oriented urban design or the development and implementation of sustainable transport or development strategies and initiatives.
- Highly-developed written communication skills, with the ability to write concisely and persuasively for a variety of formats and audiences.
- Strong personal communication skills with the capacity to influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders, including across government, non-government and business sectors.
- Experience in developing business cases or budget proposals is highly desirable, as is experience in some of the following: policy development, advocacy campaigns, urban design, road safety, research and data analysis, or travel behaviour change.
A salary at Victoria Walks employee level 5, $84,850 (pro rata $42,425), plus superannuation and other benefits, including Fringe Benefit Tax exempt salary packaging, is available in a family-friendly and flexible work environment based in Melbourne’s CBD (when restrictions allow).
About the organisation
Victoria Walks is Australia’s largest walking promotion organisation, inspiring people to walk and persuading government to foster more walkable towns and cities.
How to apply
Applications must include a current resume, two referees and a statement addressing the key selection criteria above.
Applications should be emailed to dburtt[AT]victoriawalks.org.au by 5pm Sunday, 3 October 2021.
Please quote in application: Senior Policy Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Families