About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Ongoing role based in Reservoir
About the opportunity
The Family Preservation and Reunification Response (The Response) is an innovative approach to delivering relational, therapeutic, evidence-informed and coordinated support to vulnerable children and families considered at significant risk of entry into care or where rapid and safe reunification is appropriate, through a strengthened partnership with Child Protection.
The Senior Practitioner role is critical in implementing a wrap around, evidence informed case management approach for the most complex challenging families. The role will carry a caseload working closely with the Team Leader to provide support and live coaching to FPR Practitioners in cases that are high risk, present multiple demands and when FPR Practitioners identify as needing additional support.
To be successful in the role, the ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related tertiary qualification relevant to child and family welfare
- Demonstrated ability as a senior level practitioner in the child, youth and family welfare field
- Experience in working with vulnerable children and families in a community services setting is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with families successfully and completing assertive outreach
- Demonstrated ability to assess and appropriately respond to risk for children and young people
- A commitment to the family-centered approach and the family strengthening and empowerment models of practice
- An understanding of the ‘Best Interests’ Case Practice Model and Children Youth and Families Act (CYFA) 2005 and 2015 amendments
- Advanced knowledge of child development, trauma and attachment theories
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by Submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Thursday 23 September 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Judy Walsh, Senior Manager – Care & Placement Prevention on 0448 446 216
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Practitioner, Family Preservation & Reunification via Pro Bono Australia.