About the role
The Senior Service Designer is a newly created role that will provide service design leadership at Justice Connect.
The role will lead the delivery of service design projects with a focus on:
- Justice Connect’s intake and triage processes;
- the Access Program’s service model; and
- our services for people people experiencing or at risk of elder abuse
Redesign projects will support implementation of Justice Connect’s strategy including our focus on extending reach and impact of our services through digital strategies and strategic engagement.
The role will collaborate with colleagues across Justice Connect including our Innovation and Engagement team and provides an exciting opportunity to build service design capability in the organisation.
- Provide technical expertise to the design and delivery of legal assistance services and other related activities to improve service efficiency, effectiveness, user-experience, engagement and access to legal assistance.
- Identify service delivery improvements informed by design research with complex data including quantitative and user experience data.
- Work positively and collaboratively with Justice Connect programs, legal assistance sector stakeholders and other organisations on service design and delivery improvements.
- Support the implementation via service design of Justice Connect and program strategies.
- Support Justice Connect staff to improve and build their service design knowledge and skills.
- Contributing to Justice Connect’s Reconciliation Action Plan activities.
- Together with other Managers and Heads, help to ensure that Justice Connect promotes staff wellbeing, diversity, cultural competency and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Peoples’ right to self-determination.
- Please view the attached PDF for information regarding the selection criteria.
Justice Connect offers employment benefits including salary packaging (making part of your salary tax-free), flexible working arrangements, above award annual leave provisions and opportunities for professional development. Justice Connect is an organisation that strives to show leadership, operate sustainably and demonstrate our effectiveness. You will be rewarded with a workplace culture that is professional, committed, collaborative and creative and where you can make a real difference through your work.
About the organisation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. In the face of rising levels of unmet legal need, Justice Connect designs and delivers high impact interventions to increase access to legal support and progress social justice.
We are committed to taking an impact-focused approach, applying research and design principles to develop our products and services to ensure they make a tangible difference for our clients and sector peers.
We deliver services that assist both people and community organisations. Those we assist often struggle to navigate the law, are unable to use the law in their daily lives and experience the impacts of harsh and unjust laws. We aim to prevent and to solve legal problems so that we can prevent the negative impacts on people’s lives and organisations and empower the community to use the law as a force for good.
Given the scale of the challenges we address, we use digital innovation to extend our reach and impact, supporting us to be more efficient and accessible, while helping us capture and use data to better understand legal need and underlying systemic issues.
We harness the extraordinary pro bono contributions of over 50 member firms and the barristers we work with across the country. We channel pro bono effort through our innovative service models to ensure that pro bono hours deliver real impact for the community.
We develop strategic interventions to help address the system-level drivers of legal problems and barriers people face when engaging with the legal system. By addressing root causes of flawed or unfair laws and poorly designed systems, we prevent the long-term challenges that people and organisations continue to face.
Our creative and passionate staff drive us forward with a commitment to evaluation and iteration that ensures our impact increases year on year.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Service Designer via Pro Bono Australia.