About the role
- Join a leader in youth mental health, revolutionising services to our young people
- Support Orygen accreditation and maintain high standards in safe and quality care
- Full-time fixed term contract available for 12 months
- Generous NFP Salary Packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements
Orygen is seeking a Service Improvement Officer to support all quality, clinical safety and risk-related activities across Orygen’s Clinical Programs and Services.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and want to make a real difference in the lives of young people and their families and carers and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to join the Orygen team to revolutionise youth mental health.
The role and your impact:
As the Service Improvement Officer, you will work with people receiving services from Orygen, their representatives, and our service providers (Orygen employees and their partners) to resolve concerns and make positive improvements for people receiving care.
You will support the clinical service complaints and compliments handling function of Orygen through a range of complaint resolution techniques including early resolution, service provider resolution, conciliation, and investigation. The overall purpose of the role is to receive, understand and respond, to the feedback associated with the clinical services of Orygen, and to help drive improved client experience and contribute to service improvement.
This is an exciting opportunity to actively develop and promote the quality improvement program and foster a culture of clinical quality and safety with emphasis on youth and family/friend focused services and outcomes.
Essential to be successful in this role and to be considered, you will need demonstrated experience in a complaints and compliments management role in a health care setting. In addition, you will have:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to assess and manage risk, work within legislative requirements, make impartial recommendations, and to use specialist advice when needed.
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to write comprehensive evidence-based recommendations and reasons for decisions.
- Strong customer outcomes focus, confidence and resilience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders in relation to contentious matters.
- Capacity to work in a busy environment with demonstrated skills in time management, working with competing priorities and the ability to prioritise and manage a diverse workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes and a positive workplace culture.
To view the FULL selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please go to www.orygen.org.au/About/Work-with-Us to view the Position Description or contact:
Leanne Geppert at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Salary and benefits:
Generous salary commensurate with skills and experience of successful candidate plus 10% superannuation and access to NFP salary packaging with potential to significantly increase take-home pay.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind, Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, an employee assistance program, well-regarded supervision and a supportive team, career growth and development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
About the organisation
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education, and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: SERVICE IMPROVEMENT OFFICER via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health