About the role
- Full time
- Based in Collingwood, Melbourne
- Salary range $80,000 – $90,000 per annum plus super and salary packaging
Are you passionate about advancing the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children?
SNAICC – National Voice for our Children, the national peak body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, is seeking an experienced Digital Communications Officer.
The role will help deliver communications and marketing strategies that drives SNAICC’s sector engagement, organisational membership, and branding and awareness outcomes to advance the needs, rights and aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families.
This challenging role includes:
- designing and delivering SNAICC’s key messages across multimedia platforms such as e-newsletters, websites, media and social media content
- delivering communications on leading campaigns, events and policy reform to our supporters and members working in childhood development, safety and wellbeing
- enhancing and creating improved digital communications such as videos and graphics
- writing, editing and designing content for publications and resources
- improving website user-experience and performance
- working within a small but dynamic and high-capacity team of policy, sector and event experts to strengthen Aboriginal-led initiatives.
This opportunity is ideal for exceptional individuals with demonstrated experience in digital communications with an in-depth understanding of issues impacting upon Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families.
SNAICC strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply
Visit our website, www.snaicc.org.au/about/employment/ for the position description and how to apply. Initial inquiries to email@example.com
About the organisation
SNAICC is the National Peak Body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. Drawing on deep connections and strong service and community networks across the country, SNAICC has provided expert, evidence-based Indigenous advice on building strong legislative, policy, program and practice frameworks for the safety, development and wellbeing of our children and families for almost 40 years. Our understanding of need in communities is informed by realities on the ground, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledge, and our robust commitment to implementing and building on the evidence-base that informs good practice.
SNAICC has a strong understanding of the complex issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families. Over-representation in child protection systems is underpinned by structural drivers of disadvantage, including experiences of poverty, housing instability, discrimination and past policies of forced child removal. SNAICC also has extensive expertise and knowledge of policy failings, promising practice and evidence-based solutions that could contribute to improve outcomes.
We live in a rapidly changing political and social context and must ensure that we are adaptable, nimble and responsive to changing community need.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: SNAICC Digital Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Families, #Indigenous, #Media, #Other