About the role
Sitting within the Communications Team, the Social Media Coordinator leads the creation and dissemination of engaging content for MSF Australia and New Zealand’s social media channels. The position plays a key role in developing, implementing and reporting on paid social media campaigns and is responsible for monitoring and responding to comments and questions on social media.
Main Tasks and Duties
- Develop and curate engaging content for MSF Australia’s social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
- Lead social media marketing plans for the Communications Department, such as paid Facebook campaigns.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Source appropriate images and videos from the MSF media database and edit as required.
- Act as the first point of moderation for comments on social media, providing responses to supporter questions and escalating when needed.
- Maintain MSF’s voice across different social media channels.
- Provide regular reporting, insights and recommendations on social media performance to ensure constant optimisation.
- Collaborate with the Fundraising Department on fundraising appeals and lead generation campaigns, the Field HR Digital Marketing Coordinator on recruitment campaigns, and the Advocacy Coordinator on advocacy campaigns.
- Manage the weekly content publication schedule with the Digital Engagement Coordinator.
- Collaborate with the Communications, Fundraising and Recruitment team to update a social media calendar.
- Advise and train members of the Communication Department on digital strategy, best practise and recent trends in social media.
- Enthusiastic social media expert with minimum two years demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Tertiary degree/qualification or demonstrated experience in communications, digital marketing, social media and/or creative content production.
- Experience developing, implementing and managing social media marketing strategies across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube & Instagram.
- Demonstrated experience managing Facebook Ads campaigns including audience research, targeting, copywriting, set up, optimisation and reporting.
- Ability to read and interpret social media metrics to optimise performance and provide insights-based reports.
- Experience using social media scheduling and listening tools such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite and Talkwalker.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills. Accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks, work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Current right to work in Australia
- Video editing skills using Final Cut Pro, Premiere or equivalent
- Experience with livestreaming
- Photo editing and design skills using Adobe Photoshop, Indesign or Canva
- Previous experience with NGO/humanitarian or not-for-profit sector andinterest in humanitarian aid and/or international affairs
In MSF Australia, we believe the following 5 values form the foundations of our culture – Transparency, Respect, Understanding of Diversity, Stepping In and CollaboraTion.
At MSF Australia we value T.R.U.S.T as an essential element to how we operate and believe that these organisation values flow from this trust that we build.
Benefits for working with MSF Australia include:
- Annual leave – 20 days per year with the option to ‘purchase’ an additional 10 days per year, 3 MSF Leave days including a day off in the month of your birthday.
- Salary packaging / Additional benefits
- Targeted training and development
- Life insurance and salary continuance insurance for eligible employees
- Access to Employee Assistance Program for counselling
- Parental leave – 6-15 weeks paid parental leave for eligible employees
- Language classes
- Yoga classes
About the organisation
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF provides assistance to populations in distress irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
The Australian Section of Médecins Sans Frontières was established in 1995 and is one of 30 sections, 24 associations and other offices that form the MSF global movement providing oversight and expertise, funding and staff for field operations and communicating on the needs of our patients. MSF Australia deploys over 200 field staff per year from Australia and New Zealand. The organization secures an annual revenue of AUD 90 million in untied funds. The Australia section hosts a Medical Unit in Sydney bringing specialized expertise in the field of Women’s health and Paediatrics in support of our operations overseas. MSF Australia has over 70 full time staff and an active association of over 600 members.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Media Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.