About the role
- Fixed term parental backfill until 4th November 2022
- 38 hours per week
- Access to generous salary packaging
About the Opportunity
The Specialist Family Violence Counsellor aims to provide a flexible and responsive counselling service, in a holistic approach to women accessing services at EDVOS. The role requires the provision of one-to-one counselling for short to medium term counselling including intake and assessment and the development of appropriate therapeutic interventions with women. The ability to work collaboratively with a range of other practitioners and family violence specialists is essential.
Essential to your success
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work or Psychology and eligibility for membership of the relevant professional body.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in counselling including the ability to provide high quality family violence counselling to a diverse range of clients including women and children with: CALD backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women and children, women who identify as LGBTI, women living with a disability and young women
- Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate therapeutic modalities including Trauma Informed Practice
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and other service providers.
- Demonstrated understanding and respect of the Child Safe Standards and child safety principals including the safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds as well as children who identify as LGBTI as well as children with a disability.
A copy of the key selection criteria can be accessed by downloading the full Position Description available below or at our website at www.edvos.org.au/get-involved.
About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
What We Offer
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. This position would require availability to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 6 + legislated super.
How to apply
How to Apply
For a copy of the key selection criteria and a full outline of the position please see attached position description or visit our website at https://www.edvos.org.au/get-involved/
For further information regarding the Specialist Family Violence Counsellor please contact Seema Sharma, Team Leader Case Management Inner East on (03) 9259 4200.
Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria (as outlined in the PD), should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: SFVC ADS1322. Applications close Friday 1st October 2021 at 5pm.
EDVOS actively promotes a safe and inclusive workplace where workers are free from discrimination and are afforded dignity and respect. We encourage applications from women of all abilities, as well as from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTI.
EDVOS is a child-focused and child safe organisation and is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and interests of children.All appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks.
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.