About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Ongoing role based in Reservoir
About the opportunity
The Family Preservation and Reunification Response (The Response) is an innovative approach to delivering relational, therapeutic, evidence-informed and coordinated support to vulnerable children and families considered at significant risk of entry into care or where rapid and safe reunification is appropriate, through a strengthened partnership with Child Protection.
The FPR Team Leader will provide clinical and administrative supervision for FPR Senior Practitioner and FPR Practitioners; collaborate with partner agencies especially with the Child Protection Navigator in identifying eligible connections and coordinating service delivery; and contribute to the implementation of the response through participation in local governance arrangements.
To Be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related tertiary qualification relevant to child and family welfare
- Demonstrated ability as a team leader, senior or lead practitioner in the child, youth and family welfare field
- Experience in working with vulnerable children and families with complex needs, preferably in a community services setting
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with families successfully and completing assertive outreach
- Demonstrated ability to assess and appropriately respond to risk for children aged 0-17 years
- An understanding of the ‘Best Interests’ Case Practice Model and Children Youth and Families Act (CYFA) 2005 and 2015 amendments
- Knowledge of child development, trauma and attachment theories
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by Submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Thursday 23 September 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Judy Walsh, Senior Manager – Care & Placement Prevention on 0448 446 216
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Family Preservation and Reunification via Pro Bono Australia.