About the role
The Salvation Army Australia’s Homelessness Stream provides high quality, person centred services to people at risk, and or experiencing homelessness. We support adults and families, including accompanying children with accommodation, case management, outreach support, financial assistance, connection and referral to other specialist services.
Our philosophy is that every person deserves dignity, respect and quality of service and that no one should be without a safe, affordable and secure home. Services are free, voluntary, accredited and delivered by professional and committed staff.
We are seeking a values driven Team Leader to lead an effective and high functioning team of case managers and support workers to deliver client-centred for the Homelessness Support Service clients. You will also ensure service delivery targets and organisational standards are achieved and funding body requirements are met.
This is a permanent full time position located at Leongatha.
You will successfully
- Oversee day to day operations of service delivery
- Monitor program budget and expenditure
- Line manage and supervise of H2H case managers and support staff
- Develop the capability of the team through coaching and professional development
- Assist with the frontline implementation and review of practice model/processes and implementation of change
- Build and maintain relationships within local community networks
You will have
- Tertiary qualification in social work, welfare, community development or related field (minimum Diploma) OR demonstrated high level of sector knowledge and skills attained through previous appointments, service, and study/development
- Relevant experience in a social service environment, with a focus on homelessness
- Relevant experience in supervising staff
- Extensive experience in client assessment including appropriate information, tools and techniques to gather and analyse information
- Relevant experience in using appropriate risk models to assess levels of risk, harm and well-being, including immediate risk
- Experience working effectively with people who exhibit multiple/complex service needs and/or are chronically disadvantaged
- Experience engaging and communicating with multiple service providers as appropriate to ensure totality of client needs are met
- Relevant experience with client data and reporting systems, people management systems and Microsoft suite
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
- Willingness to undergo a criminal history check
What we offer
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
The Salvation Army Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
About the organisation
Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader Homelessness via Pro Bono Australia.