About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Initially maximum term until 11 February 2022
- Based at Blackburn
About the opportunity
The Integrated Family Services Program supports families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being. Responding to referrals from Child FIRST/The Orange Door, the program provides assertive outreach and home based supports.
In a typical day, the Team Leader might:
- Support a staff member to use a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
- Provide opportunity for a staff member to reflect on their assessment of a vulnerable family
- Utilise supervision with a staff member to review plans to support a family’s goals
- Review a staff members case notes and reports
- Represent the organisation at a network meeting with other stakeholders
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a bachelor level degree in social work, psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in providing supervision and mentoring support to staff and/or students
- Extensive experience within the child, youth and family welfare sector
- Sound understanding of the Best Interests Principles and Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to form effective working relationships and foster a positive team culture
- Excellent initiative and problem solving skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the person specification in the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Monday 20 September 2021
Get in touch
Angela Geylswyk – Manager, Child and Family Services Inner East
T: (03) 9875 4222
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Integrated Family Services via Pro Bono Australia.