About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full-time, Permanent position based in Horsham
About the opportunity
The Team Leader Supported Independent Living (SIL) provides team leadership and support, employee supervision, direction for employees on day to day basis, oversight of the SIL property operations and develops staffing rosters.
The Thornley Street SIL Residential Service provides a home for the residents, and this position is to ensure that residents feel safe and respected, with their rights and freedoms upheld and that residents are given choice and control over their lives. This position leads a team of employees to actively support residents to engage in meaningful, personalised activities, develop and/or maintain living skills and access the community, and to see that Thornley Street feels like a home. The Team Leader is to ensure that services provided abide by the NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Framework and Code of Conduct.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Certificate IV in Disability Support (or able to complete within the first 12 months of employment).
- Experience in the Disability, Residential Services and/or NDIS service delivery fields.
- Familiarity and understanding of restrictive practice guidelines.
- Experience in leading teams will be highly regarded.
- knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme including SIL.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today by submitting the following as a part of your application:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Get in touch
for more information regarding the role, please contact Michelle Freeman, Manager – Disability and Mental Health | M: 0458 208 833
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Supported Independent Living (SIL) via Pro Bono Australia.