About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Initially maximum term until 30 June 2022
- Gippsland Region – Traralgon & Moe
- Travel allowance available if commuting from Metro Melbourne
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Therapeutic Specialist to join our Therapeutic Services Program. The role delivers high quality trauma-informed practice advice and guidance to the care team who support young people in residential care.
As a Therapeutic Specialist, you will conduct comprehensive assessments and develop Therapeutic Plans to optimise outcomes for young people. The role will also lead reflective practice sessions with staff to problem-solve, collaboratively develop and review strategies and approaches that promote children and young people’s healing and progress towards desired outcomes.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience providing high quality practice advice and guidance to professionals working with clients, who present with complex needs
- Strong understanding of child development and the impact of abuse and neglect
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of trauma informed practice and trauma recovery principles
- Extensive knowledge of the out of home care sector including relevant legislation and regulations
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (outlining your suitability according to the person specification in the position description)
- Current Resume
Applications close Tuesday 28 September 2021
Get in touch
Michelle Riggall – Group Manager, South & Youth Residential Services
T: (03) 9794 3000
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Therapeutic Specialist – Youth Residential Services via Pro Bono Australia.