About the role
Strengthen Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities’ equity and inclusion, in ways that respect and celebrate culture, knowledge and self-determination. This role works with Traditional Owners, Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations, diverse community members and community organisations as well as across Council departments to deliver on Council and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 commitments.
This role reports to the Coordinator Community Capacity.
- Facilitating consultation and engagement processes and relationships with stakeholders for positive outcomes.
- Working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities on a range of matters associated with this portfolio, including cultural, historical and heritage
- Managing key projects and events that draw on and enhance community strengths.
- Developing and reporting for the City of Melton’s Reconciliation Action Plan.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification relevant to the role, such as community development, human services and social sciences with relevant experience in community development services and/or social planning.
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and high-level understanding of cultural, historical and heritage.
- Experience managing community consultation and engagement processes with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Policy and strategy creation and implementation skills.
- Excellent project management and communication skills
About the organisation
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How to apply
f you require further information about the position, please contact Dayane Mardesich, Coordinator Community Capacity on 0417 819 538.
Applications must include a Resume and address the Key Selection Criteria outlining your suitability to the role .
We encourage you use the STAR approach when writing your responses to the selection criteria.
Situation (Task) – provide a brief outline of the situation or task?
Action – what did you do in response to the situation or task?
Result – what was the result of your action?
Key Selection Criteria outline the most important knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience needed to perform the role. The criteria may include technical knowledge and experience, as well as interpersonal skills, and tend to be specific to the role’s specialisation and industry.
To address the Key Selection Criteria you will need to write short statements explaining how you meet the criteria, or how you demonstrate the capability. We encourage you to keep your responses concise.
Applications submitted via email, after the closing date and/or that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
All successful applicants will need to undertake pre-employment requirements, dependent on the position.
To view Position Description and to apply, visit: https://meltoncity-vacancies.applynow.net.au/
Please quote in application: Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Community Engagement Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Indigenous