About the role
- Play a critical role in the success of Australia’s most exciting new arts precinct
- Permanent part-time opportunity with great benefits
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Business or Arts Management
About the role
Bunjil Place inspires and enables its people, audiences and community through innovative and exciting arts experiences. Our program curates the best new and contemporary Australian and International arts. Our program is designed to create impact, by providing experiences that will last.
Since opening in October 2017, Bunjil Place has achieved overwhelming success, welcoming over 7 million visitors. Offering a diverse range of services and experiences to the regional community, Bunjil Place has become a cultural hub that has been truly embraced by the local community.
The Bunjil Place Development Coordinator will play a critical role in Bunjil Place’s future and ongoing social impact.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Work with the Bunjil Place team to identify opportunities to develop new and maintain existing relationships with partners and supporters to assist in the delivery of the Bunjil Place program.
- Research, plan, prepare and deliver highly targeted, dynamic sponsorship and grant proposals that demonstrate insight into complementary goals for a variety of stakeholders.
- Prepare partnership and sponsorship contracts, and associated paperwork
- Support the delivery requirements for partners and supporter agreements.
- Prepare reports for partners and supports to ensure the impact of their support is communicated
- A relevant degree or diploma (i.e. marketing, communications, business, or arts management).
- Demonstrated experience in sponsorship and/or fundraising with demonstrated outcomes in achieving revenue targets (Cultural sector experience will be viewed favourably).
- A thorough understanding of business development including commercial considerations, negotiation skills, partnership and funding agreements and internal approval processes.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and relationship development skills.
- Highly competent written communication and proofreading skills, with an eye for detail.
- Experience managing and developing databases.
- Drivers licence
- Willingness to undergo pre-employment background checks including: National Criminal History Check, Working with Children Check, Eligibility to Work check
Please visit our careers page at www.casey.vic.gov.au/careers/jobs to view a detailed position description.
About our benefits
Our workplace is an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options supported
- Study assistance
- Health initiatives
- Access to our support and wellbeing programs
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.
The City of Casey reserves the right not to make any appointments for this position.
Salary: starts at $87,240.06 (Band 6) per annum pro rata, plus superannuation
Applications close: 3rd November 2021 at 11:55 pm
About the organisation
The City of Casey is the largest and one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria. The Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 356,600 residents who call Casey home.
At Casey we live our values of dreaming big, empowering each other and making our community proud.
The City of Casey workspace sits within Bunjil Place, located in Narre Warren, which is a must-visit destination in Melbourne’s south east. Bunjil Place reflects and enhances the city’s rich diversity, inspiring an energetic and cosmopolitan atmosphere; and has become a lively meeting place.
It offers an unprecedented mix of facilities, including an 800-seat theatre, multi-level community library, function centre, outdoor community plaza with big screen, City of Casey Customer Service Centre, café and more!
How to apply
To apply, please click on the link below. Ensure you have your resume and cover letter on hand.
Please quote in application: Bunjil Place Business Development Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.