About the role
Reporting to the Project Leader, Senior Relationships Service, you will:
- Engage with and assess eligibility of clients and their presenting issues for the program and make referrals to other relevant services if required.
- Undertake psychosocial assessments and screening for risk and develop and implement client-centred case plans and safety plans where appropriate.
- Provide information to clients and their families on government and community resources and eligibility for practical and financial support. Coordinate access to services required by the client and client’s family and monitor their ongoing effectiveness where appropriate.
- Act as a support person for the client in mediation or family conferences within the program and with external organisations and groups that the client and client’s family interact with.
What you’ll need to succeed
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, social sciences or equivalent experience.
- Strong skills and experience in undertaking psychosocial assessments, case management and providing counselling or other therapeutic interventions and in-depth understanding of family violence, elder abuse, ageing and ageing related issues.
- Demonstrated capacity to relate well to vulnerable clients and other stakeholders.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and computer literate.
For a full list of selection criteria, please refer to the position description found via www.racr.relationships.org.au/about-us/employment
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants are encouraged to apply.
This is a part time (4 days a week) , fixed term position until 30 June 2022, based in Wagga Wagga, NSW.
What you’ll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded not-for-profit, community-based organisation in a position where you will have the opportunity to continue to grow and develop your career. You will receive a generous package including professional development and NFP salary packaging. In this role you will be able to make a positive difference in the lives of people in the community every day.
About the organisation
Relationships Australia is a community sector organisation with a proud and rich history. We connect with families, communities and thousands of people across the lifespan. You may know us for our family and couples counselling – we also give back to the community through our work in family violence prevention, working with people experiencing gambling harm, with families that have been touched by the sudden death of a loved one, with people who have experienced trauma and with people who are challenged by their mental health, among other things.
With us you will work with people at times of vulnerability in their lives, create a career you’ll love and join a warm and caring team who make a difference.
The Community Social Worker strengthens the well-being of older adults experiencing, or likely to experience, abuse through intake, assessment, case management and the provision of counselling and other therapeutic interventions.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Coordinator – Senior Relationships Service via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Families