About the role
- Multiple permanent, part-time opportunities available (0.8 or 0.9FTE)
- Great Southbank location, close to public transport and cafes
- Contribute to a life-changing program
Our Southbank site is a 51-bed crisis accommodation service, providing support to people onsite and in the community, who are experiencing homelessness. Southbank is a fast-paced workplace, aiming to achieve positive housing and life outcomes for our clients.
Reporting to the Case Management Team Leader, you will assist with the immediate and ongoing support needs of clients experiencing or at risk of homelessness, through the provision of a range of intervention options ensuring that the client’s needs are translated into a personal program that
encourages the client’s independence, empowerment, autonomy and dignity. This support may be provided in a range of environments including funded accommodation services, private housing or via assertive outreach to clients experiencing housing crisis.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in human services, social work or related field
- Previous experience working with clients with complex needs relating to homelessness
- Understanding of housing and homelessness policy, context and systems
- All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children Check and Police check
- All client facing roles at Launch Housing must be double vaccinated against COVID-19.
- We acknowledge Lived Experience as unique expertise and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.
Why you’ll love working at Launch:
We believe housing is a basic human right and our values of empowerment, fresh thinking, agility, leadership and courage underpin everything we do. If you want a career where you can make a real difference, and you are passionate about our mission to end homelessness, then consider working
with Launch Housing! Our employees are spread across 14 different sites within metropolitan Melbourne.
We offer great staff benefits including:
- Work for a value-based organisation with a clear mission and vision
- Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave) + Purchased Leave options
- $74,910 (Prorata) + super + salary packaging option
- Training and development opportunities
About the organisation
We are a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantaged Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations,
we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager – Southbank via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing