About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Maximum term until 22 November 2022 (parental leave replacement)
- Based at Croydon
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social worker to join our Child, Youth and Family Preservation Program as part of the Parenting Assessment and Skills Development Service (PASDS) team.
The PASDS Program provides parenting capacity assessments for vulnerable families with infants under the age of 3 years, referred from Child Protection. The program delivers intensive skill development interventions to families to address the infant’s developmental, safety and wellbeing needs.
The Case Worker will:
- Provide intensive case management and innovative outreach support
- Undertake in-home assessments
- Develop creative interventions tailored to the family’s level of skill, learning style and areas of concern
- Prepare high quality reports for Child Protection and Courts
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of theoretical approaches relevant to working with infants, children, young people and families, including the Best Interests Framework
- Extensive professional experience in the field of child, youth and family services, including experience working with Child Protection
- Demonstrated ability to make assessments and recommendations objectively and accurately using a strengths based approach
- Capacity to work flexibly to meet the needs of families
- Well-developed report writing and time management skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the person specification in the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Monday 18 October 2021
Get in touch
Sandy Strickland – Team Leader, Family Preservation and Reunification Response & PASDS
T: 0466 934 140 (during business hours)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Parenting Assessment & Skills Development Service via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People