About the role
Kidsafe SA is seeking to appoint an outstanding Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Maternity Leave Contract (11 months) to provide visionary leadership and extend the understanding of child safety and injury prevention.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will lead the evolution and implementation of a new strategic plan and identify opportunities to realise the mission and objectives of Kidsafe SA. Maintaining a strong public profile, the CEO will bring a strategic growth mindset and play a vital role engaging with key stakeholders across a number of sectors, as well as with community and government.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Board of Kidsafe SA for the following activities.
- Manage Kidsafe SA operations in alignment with its vision, mission, values and policies.
- Provide strategic leadership and maintain and implement Kidsafe SA’s strategic plan.
- Undertake and be responsible for annual business planning and reporting.
- Drive ongoing development and delivery of policy and advocacy agenda.
- Represent the interests of the Kidsafe SA community by making representations to relevant government agencies and other stakeholders to assist in issue identification and resolution, and to increase awareness of child injury prevention across multiple sectors and within the broader community.
- Ensure quality assurance, performance standards and appropriate governance.
- Manage Kidsafe SA’s finances and maintain sustainable financial viability for the organisation.
- Maintain sound working relationships with the Board, Kidsafe SA stakeholders and community.
- Foster existing relationships and develop new strategic alliances and partnerships as appropriate.
- Support and manage Kidsafe SA staff and volunteers.
- Undertake and be responsible for development of the annual budget, submission to the Board, and subsequent implementation and monitoring of results.
- Maintain an appropriate risk management strategy and ensure relevant policies and procedures are in place.
- Promote a safe work environment and compliance with all OH&S legislation.
- Oversee secretariat support to the Governance Board and Subcommittees as relevant.
With an understanding of the clinical world and the health sector, you will be an experienced and influential leader skilled in advocacy, public policy and driving key initiatives.
A demonstrated track record of leading a high-performing team, coupled with drive and innovation to grow the organisation, you will be able to leverage relationships and develop new funding streams, philanthropy, and partnerships. You will have demonstrated success shaping a community focused organisation and be equipped with well-developed emotional, conceptual, and business acumen.
You will have exceptional communication skills as well as the ability to interpret and engage with Government and media.
Tertiary qualifications are preferred and capacity to travel including overnight stays when necessary is required.
About the organisation
Kidsafe SA is in the business of child safety and injury prevention. For 40 years we have been the leading independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the prevention of unintentional death and serious injury to South Australian children aged 0–15 years.
Kidsafe SA works to provide leadership and advocacy for child safety and injury prevention, and to inform and educate the South Australian public in the effort to preserve and protect the lives of children. Kidsafe SA is a growing organisation that seeks to increase its injury prevention advocacy.
About Kidsafe SA
- We are experts in child safety and injury prevention.
- We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation.
- We have been supporting South Australian families since 1982.
- We exist only to make a safer place for South Australian children at home, at play, and on the road.
- Our highly skilled and qualified staff provide specialist information and advice to support parents and carers to keep children safe.
- We are the nationally recognised leaders in child road safety.
- We are part of a national network of independent Kidsafe organisations in each state and territory and license the Kidsafe brand with Kidsafe Australia.
Why We Do What We Do
- Over 150 children are killed each year in Australia due to unintentional injury and a further 68,000 are hospitalised.
- Injuries remain the leading cause of death, disability and hospitalisation among babies and children in Australia.
- More children die from injury than from cancer, asthma and infectious diseases combined.
- The number one cause of injury related deaths in children aged 0–14 years is transport accidents.
- Most of these deaths and serious injuries can be prevented through simple means.
How to apply
Please email applications to Ms Holly Fitzgerald, Chief Executive Officer - email@example.com
Your application should include:
- A brief covering letter including specific responses to the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, providing examples of demonstrated experience and capabilities.
- A complete current resume stating responsibilities and achievements against each role you have held.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Sunday 31st October 2021.
For specific questions about the role please contact the Kidsafe SA office on 08 7089 8554.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer (Maternity Leave Contract) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Families, #Health_–_General